cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any solution for this requirement?

manipandey
Level 1
Level 1

Good Evening.

I am not sure whether my question is repetive but I am having following scenario and no idea what's the option left towards implementing this:-

For the existing system, for Any Long distance and international call the company user gets two stage prompt. First prompt which is visible on the phone as "Account Code" end user dials the access code and then there is a 2nd Prompt which displays again "Account Code" end user dial 1 for Personal call and any other digit (2-9) if it is official. Please note that end user hears a beep too for both the prompt.

I was reading alot for CMC and FAC but I don't see that both can meet the requirement.

Please suggest if anyone has come across this type of requirement and solution provided?

I thank you all in advance for all your response

Regards

M

8 Replies 8

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First question I have when reading this question is "what is the customer's requirement for call tracking?'.  Specifically, there are 2 account codes being entered. What is the differentiation of the 2 account codes.  IIf the call tracking objective is fully understood, MHO, this can be reduced to 1 FAC value that does the work of 2 different account codes in the current solution. I think we should be able to do this type of 2 stage dialing, with the understanding that the second code would not have the display of 'Account Code', but just the prompt tone.

From years of working with customers and CUCM, often times customers will ask for specific functionality to mimic their existing deployment...but when asking about the desired call flow or functionality, many times you will realize that CUCM can do the same functionality more efficiently.

So does CUCM support this question's specific 2 stage dialing requirement....possibly.  Is there a better way to accomplish the call tracking objective...I think so.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer.

Thanks for your response.

Let's explain the scenario with an example:-

3 Possible Scenario

1)Phone A needs to call a long distance number 9 then 1746543xxxx

2)Phone A needs to call an International Number 9011 then country code and then full Number

3)Phone A needs to call a local phone or calls over Enterprise network 9 then the number

Scenario 1 and Scenario 2, user needs to do the same process. I tried explaining this by Scenario 1, User Dials 9 then 17465431234. On his Phone he/she after dialing the number gets a prompt displaying Auth Code( this is the special code which is only for that user). Here end user enter the auth code assigned only to him. Once this is entered and correct, there is a 2nd prompt "Account Code" which canhave only two value "1" for personal call and anything else for Official Call.

Call will go through if the auth code is valid.

Now the enterprise billing system billed back the user based on which calls was made Personal and for all the official call it will be visible to him on the monthly billing sheet. Auth code determines that the code entered was for that Directory number which is associated with a user and the 2nd prompt defines whether call needs to be billed back or not?

In case of Local Phone call or calls over Enterprise, end user don't need to dial anything as system will not prompt the end user for it.This is not a 2 stage dialing.

I hope there is a solution exist as this has been customized and implemented in the existing PBX setup.Display is important as it needs to cater to those who has hearing problem.

Thanks in advance for your response.

regards

The extra details helps me understand what you are trying to accomplish.  We can do something close to this.  If you set up Forced Authorizatoin Coce codes, then also require a Client Matter Code, the experinece will be close.

IF you set up a FAC of 123456, then set up CMC of 1 and 2, when a user dials the desired route pattern (examples 1 and 2 below), they will get a beep tone and the phone will display 'Enter Authorization Code'.  They will enter 123456#.  AFter entering the FAC code, they will get a second beep and the phone will display 'enter Client Matter Code'.  They can then dial a 1 for personal or 2 for business.  After that, the call will be place.

For accounting, you will get both FAC and CMC for accounting purposes.  I know you want to see a second auth code prompt, but at this time, we cannot do that.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Dan,

Thanks for your response but it's very hard to implement the same end user behaviour with this account code and auth code. Last week there was an upgrade done in the existing PBX software and it made this scenario more worst as with the new software end user gets a voice prompt which state"Pl enter your Auth code" and then "please enter your account code"..

I know that prompt is being played by using announciator option in the existing pbx but i have no idea how to replicate it in CCM?

Thanks

Just to be clear, we can do this with CUCM....but not natively. If you wanted to do this, you would have to make an IVR script or create a CUAE application to play prompts and collect digits, then redirect the call to CUCM for further call processing.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Dan,

thanks for your response and making this discussion lively.

In the case of IVR, whether the CDR will log both FAC and CMC and is it scalable for around 10K users?

I may need guidance how to implement this using IVR?

thanks and regards

Mani

Based on the call flow you specified, you could route LD and Intl calls to the IVR system that would then play a prompt for the user to collect the auth code.  This could also be tied into the phone interface directly such that when the IVR app is trigged, you could get both the audio and visual pompting on the phone.  The user will enter the auth code at which time the application will be able to do a DB lookup and validate the code, then prompt for Account Code.  After collecting this information, the call would be redirected back to CUCM and hit a route pattern that will contain the auth code, account code and the dialed number.  Once that information is collected in the CDR's, it's just a matter of massaging the data to correlate the call to the user.

Both the Cisco Unified Application Environment (CUAE) and the Cisco Unified IP IVR products (part of IPCC Express) can provide the platform to do this operation.  You mention support for 10K users, that should not be an issue because the manner in which the calls will be processed, but you will need to determine the Busy Hour Call Attempts (BHXA) for this solution to make sure the application can handle the call volume.

This is a fairly high level call flow for this feature, but without getting into the details of the IVR and CUCM call processing, this is the best I can offer right now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Thanks Dan for your response.

After networkers will try to work on this. Look like the solution u suggested will work but keeping my finger cross at this moment.

Regards

m

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: