Helpful
Replies

ISR4321 Double E1 card different number

IsenLin
Level 4
Level 4

My company has a CUCM 11.5, ISR4321

ISR4321 has 2 E1 cards, two E1 different telecommunications companies

Can I use the calling number of CUCM or ISR4321,Separate to different E1 dial out.

EX:

1001 call out 222510628,1001 to E1-1 Port

1002 call out 222510628,1002 to E1-2 Port

Can I perform at CUCM or ISR?

Or two can do it?

Thank you.

Isen Lin
2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure. Modify the called number on the CUCM Route Pattern to prefix a digit that will uniquely match different outbound dial-peers of the appropriate E1 port. For example, CUCM could prefix “A” to the called number for calls that should be sent out the first port and “B” for the second port. Just be sure the prefix isn’t passed to the carrier (it shouldn’t be as an explicitly matched digit on a POTS dial-peer). Of course this also means you need different CSS, Partition, and Route Patterns in CUCM to add the prefix in the first place.

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1
I have this similar scenario where I have 2 different E1s from 2 different carriers. However, mine was the numbers are different. Are yours also different or the same? What I did was I used MGCP to route the calls to specific E1 card. So if user A dials to 5551212 for example, calls are pointed to 1st E1. If user A dials to 5551212 as well, calls are pointed to 2nd E1.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: