cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

It's great to see all the new products but what about the SMB Market

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco is really moving along to advance technology and their products; the new announcements really show this. I am a little disappointed that this new technology won't make it into the SMB space for the next 6 - 8 months.

I know that WebEx and other tools can help the SMB's today, but what about the clients with CME, UC5x0 systems? I thought the recent push was into the SMB space so I'm surprised to see the cross integration is not announced right out of the gate.

Just an observation...

Bob James

6 Replies 6

smizerny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the question.  Note included in this launch was a new release of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) v8.5, as Unified CME functions as a UC solution for both enterprise branch offices as well as being a fit for some small businesses.

You can find some additional details at this link...

www.cisco.com/go/ccme

Regards,

Stan

psampson
Level 4
Level 4

If you have specific questions or requests about UC500 and/or other SMB products, pls articulate them and I will run down the answers.  Thank you.

Thanks for the offer!

I think I have gathered all the information, but we'll see if things have changed:

Webex connect for the Mac - Q2 next year

Webex connect for the iPhone - ?

Webex connect integration with CME & UC5xx - ??

Cisco Mobile for the iPhone UC5xx integration - ??

99xx video and phone integration with the UC5xx - Q2 next year

These are the key ones for us to start with.

Thanks

Bob

Hi, I've inquired with product management here and have answers to some, but not all questions - another marketing manager will respond to the others:

Webex connect integration with UC5xx - This is being evaluated but is not yet committed

Cisco Mobile for the iPhone UC5xx integration - We are working on this. Planned integration schedule is 1H 2011.

99xx video and phone integration with the UC5xx - Targeted for Q2 next year; first integration (no video, voice only) by Q1 CY 2011, with video Q2 CY 2011

Hello!

Do you have some information about time of planned Cisco Mobile for the iPhone integration?

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your question.  I believe Patricia provided the answer as follows:

Cisco Mobile for the iPhone UC5xx integration - We are working on this. Planned integration schedule is 1H 2011.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks for participating in the community.

Laura Douglas

Cisco Collaboration Community Manager