Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.8 Photo Display / Office365 ?

lgnmaia11267708
Level 1
Level 1

Folks, 

I am finishing the Jabber 11.8 integration with the CUCM 11.5 and CUC and expressway-e via MRA and it seems that everything is working properly, apart from the Photo Display.

I see in all topics/designs that I need to point the XML Jabber file to grab the picture info from an internal web server or to connect to the AD, but the problem is that my company doesn't host any contact photos internally. We do use today the Skype for Business edition and everything is hosted on the cloud, including the Skype picture.

It seems I can't point the XML file to the office 365 environment because it requires authentication ?

Is this really a limitation on the Jabber client ? Does anybody have any ideas ?

Regards, 
Luiz Maia

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, the web server would need to support anonymous access and the URL would need to support a simple URL substitution. Another option would be to point Jabber at Active Directory binary object such as the thumbnailPhoto attribute; however, this will not work for MRA-connected users. The URL will work even if the server is inside the firewall as long as you include it on the Expressway-C HTTP Allow List.

Another option to consider is a script that replicates photos out of either the Active Directory attribute or off of the authenticated website to an internal server. That script could possibly simply run as a scheduled task every N hours to put the photos in a location Jabber can easily consume.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: