cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and Lync Presence

Bobby Stojceski
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have Cisco IM&P 10.5 configured as a Partitioned Intradomain Federation with Lync 2010 Standard Edition (all servers on the same domain/forest).

Instant messaging looks to be working fine between Jabber and Lync and vice-versa. I can also see the presence of Jabber users within the Lync/Skype for Business Client. However, I cannot see the Presence of Lync users within Jabber Client. They are always seen as Offline.

I have tried all sorts of debugging/tracing on IM&P and on Lync but nothing is jumping out at me as a problem when I review trhe logs.

Does anyone have any advice on where to look for the best logs and signs or if anyone has seen this issue before? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

On the Cisco Unified Presence server, the SIP Proxy is responsible for SIP request routing, while the XCP SIP Federation Connection Manager is responsible for SIP Protocol Translation between Microsoft SIP and native XMPP. Therefore, these services are central to the SIP Partitioned Intradomain Federation integration between Cisco Unified Presence and Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Live Communications Server (LCS) or Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS).

The XCP Router is a core service of Cisco Unified Presence. It determines whether the request recipient is a Lync/OCS/LCS user or a Cisco Unified Presence user.

The locations of the log files are as follows:

• Logs for XCP SIP Federation Connection Manager: /var/log/active/epas/trace/xcp/log/sip-cm-3_000*.log
  • Logs for SIP Proxy: /var/log/active/epas/trace/esp/sdi/esp000*.log
  • Logs for XCP Router: var/log/active/epas/trace/xcp/log/rtr-jsm-1_000*.log

You may try a restart of these services or verify the config as per the federation guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/integration_notes/Federation/Intradomain_Federation/Partitioned_Intradomain_Federation/LyncConfig_chapter.html

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

On the Cisco Unified Presence server, the SIP Proxy is responsible for SIP request routing, while the XCP SIP Federation Connection Manager is responsible for SIP Protocol Translation between Microsoft SIP and native XMPP. Therefore, these services are central to the SIP Partitioned Intradomain Federation integration between Cisco Unified Presence and Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Live Communications Server (LCS) or Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS).

The XCP Router is a core service of Cisco Unified Presence. It determines whether the request recipient is a Lync/OCS/LCS user or a Cisco Unified Presence user.

The locations of the log files are as follows:

• Logs for XCP SIP Federation Connection Manager: /var/log/active/epas/trace/xcp/log/sip-cm-3_000*.log
  • Logs for SIP Proxy: /var/log/active/epas/trace/esp/sdi/esp000*.log
  • Logs for XCP Router: var/log/active/epas/trace/xcp/log/rtr-jsm-1_000*.log

You may try a restart of these services or verify the config as per the federation guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/integration_notes/Federation/Intradomain_Federation/Partitioned_Intradomain_Federation/LyncConfig_chapter.html

Manish

Thank you. It seemed to start working overnight. We did notice the CUPS Redundancy Group was in a failed state (out of sync) which was fixed last night. Now Presence is working both ways. Not sure how that could have affected it though (if that was the fix at all)?

If some services were restarted as a part of fixing the out of sync issue then it may have helped clear the Presence issue.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hello Team,

I am facing an issue where Cisco Jabber users always see Lync Client users "offline" & can also not send the IM.   Lync users see presence unknown of Jabber user & can't initiate a chat as well.  It means nothing actually is working as it should when customer is testing in production network. (Using same intra domain partitioned Federation).

however I had one PC in customer network on which I installed Jabber & from here I can see the presence of Lync user and can also initiate a chat, Lync user is also able to respond back to me. But still Lync user can't see Jabber client presence or initiate a chat. 

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.