cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber call button not there for some users.

When logging onto Jabber there is normally a call button that shows up beside the message button when I hover over one of my contacts.  Some of my users are not seeing this button and some are.  I cannot see what the difference is or why it works for some and not for others.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In CUCM admin > user management, is the phone assigned to the user? Is the user assigned to the Standard CTI Enabled group? Is the icon in the lower left corner of the Jabber screen set to "Use my phone for calls"?

Brandon

I have all that set-up properly and yet still some users have certain icons and others don't all users are set-up the same which is why it's confusing. Can someone please explain why some users have the call icon or chat icon and others don't.....every user has a different combination of icons and shouldn't it be the same for all if they are all set-up correctly and the same.

willbu001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, the Jabber user would need to add a phone number to their profile.  Click the Menu cog in the upper right of the main Jabber window, then File > Edit my profile...  As long as a Work, Mobile, or Home number is entered, the icon will then appear once the user closes their chat window and relaunches.  

Sometimes, the phone icon will show for a user, however it is not active.  The same applies, the user would need to add a phone number to their own profile.  

It's possible this can be done by an admin in the Cisco WebEx Messenger Admin tool, however I have not tested this.  

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have on-premise or cloud based solution?

Please also compare 1 working and 1 non-working user. I mean go and check configuration under end user section. Of course, here your solution is the important part.

//Please always rate helpful comments//