Goodmorning all. I'm veeery new to CUCM and JABBER so forgive my newbie
I have an odd behavoiur with jabber CTI (currently using 11.6 but same result with 10.6)
We replaced our old ActiveDirectory and DomainController server , the old ones were 192.168.1.105 (primary) and 192.168.1.104 (backup), the new ones are 192.168.1.101 (primary) and 192.168.1.102 (backup). If I shutdown the old backup server, after few seconds Jabber disable the CTI (red cross in lower side of interface and a message "Unable to connect"), if I start againg the old backup server che connection is automatically restored after few seconds and CTI back to work
No error rised if I shutdown the old primary server and keep online the old backup. All other features of Jabber seem working ok with both old servers down.
I searched all the option in CUCM interface, and jabber client but didnt find any reference to the old IP / Server name. Only reference I found where about LDAP where I put the IP address, and in UC Services, directory where also I put the new addresses
Also I checked the jabber-config.xml on the CUCM but no reference to the old servers
Anyone can point me where look to update my configuration? Thaks much. Roberto
Hello Jonathan, thanks for reply.
yes in LDAP configuration I have the new server's IP, also the syncronization works correctly
on UC Services I have new server's IP setted
on all Service profile I have this setting: CTI Profile - Primary=CTI Secondary=None Tertiary=None (dont know if that "CTI" profile is somewhere configured, I can see only the label)
Also i attach the XML of jabber currently used
this XML is downloaded from CUCM primary (192.168.3.1), I noticed that on the CUCM secondary (192.168.3.2) the <Client> section is missing from the XML, all other parameters are the same
thank you. Roberto
The CTI profile is configurable from
CM Administration interface
User Management -> User Setting -> UC Services
once defined there you can bundle them in a Service Profile
and than associate the a service profile with one or more user (or select a profile as a "Default service profile")
other good hint
It sounds like the client is using cached settings and not picking up the new changes. Shutting the client completely and then deleting the content of these 2 directories should be sufficient (vs spinning up a new workstation):
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber
I typically just wipe the entire Jabber directories, but just deleting the content of each is fine. If the paths are too much to remember, just go to %appdata% and it'll take you to the 2nd path above within the 'roaming' directory and you can navigate from there.