cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 9.7 IM problem

tlienskt
Level 1
Level 1

I am testing the new Jabber for Windows 9.7.  On previous version when I double click on the contact it would let me IM them.  Now when I double click it automatically calls and there is no option for IM.

8 Replies 8

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Thats interesting, not seeing that issue. Does that contact have an IM address? (Right click on contact and click on view profile)

Please rate useful posts.

Yes everything is correct.  I was looking for a setting or something but don't see one.

Here is a screenshot of the options I am seeing.  No chat in 9.7  weird.

Weird. Is this happening for all users in your contact list? Do the remote users have you as blocked under Privacy? 

Yes happening for everyone in my contact list.  We only use it in house so no remote users.  Inside my domain , allow everyone is selected.

Sorry, out of ideas. :(

Uninstalled and Installed 9.6.1 and all is good with this one.  Will wait till they release an update.

i tested with J4W 9.7 and there is no issue in fetching the chat option also double click results in getting the chat screen up; what i need to know from you is did you make sure post the installation of the J4W 9.7 the contact section retained the IM address ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: