cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows On-Premises Deployment.

da.rivera
Level 1
Level 1

I´m deploying a solution of CUCM BE 8.6 with CUC 8.6 and CUPS 8.6. At this momento all is working on the CUCM and CUC. But i´m not sure if all is fine on the CUPS.

I have integrated all application whit an LDAP (Microsoft AD). Now I´m configuring Jabber for Windows and the users have IM and status monitoring (presence) working fine. But They need to have voice functionalities to make and recive calls.

I try to make call with jabber and using the pc to make call, but just can make calls;  when some one try to call me, they receive a fast busy tone.

Then i tried to use jabber with an IP Communicator associated to the same user; and just in this scenario other users can call me.

The question is. On-premises deployments, jabber for windows requiere to have associated a desk phone or softphone to make and receive calls?, or i need to do some thing to give to jabber in self the ability de make and receive calls with out any other device associated?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both deskphone control and softphone are supported. For sotphone capabilities you need to define Client Services Framework device (CSF) and configure just like a phone and associate to the user.

For deskphone control you phone has to be properly associated with user and user needs to be part of standard CTI group.  This should be documented in the config guide.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris, do you mean that in sofphone mode Jabber do no need the ip communicator to make an receive calls?

Becouse right now i have jabber and a CSF configured and associated to the user. But they can not receive calls, just can make calls.

Only when associate the ip communicator the user can receive calls.

Any idea of what could be happenning?

Thanks

Hello again,

I did some tests and a review of the configuration, but i can´t solve the issue.

the Users with jabber for windows can receive calls but they can not make if they do.
Only if they use an IP communicator associated to jabber client, they can make and receive calls

Must be jabber working by in self to make and receive calls, no matter if have  or not associated a desk phone or softphone?

What do you think i need to verified?

I´m sending a file with screen shots to explain the issue.

thanks in advance