Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest Deployment

navinder.singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are in process of deploying Jabber Guest on Premises, I have installed "JabberGuest-11.0.0.37.ova" on VM, which gives me the attached screen. I am not sure how to proceed, also, I have downloaded the "JabberGuest-11.0.0.37-Upgrade-Onlÿ.iso", however it is not working.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Navinder Singh

9 Replies 9

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Navinder,

Please ensure the server requirements are met as per the Jabber Guest Install guide below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Guest/11_0/icg/jabc_b_installation-and-configuration-guide-for/jabc_b_installation-and-configuration-guide-for_chapter_00.html

HTH

Manish

Hi Navinder,

I have never done installation of Jabber Guest.

But I suppose u are downloading upgrade only iso patch  .This would be required when u have already Jabber guest running.

As per the link shared by Manish, it says

Download JabberGuest-11.x.x.x-New-Install.iso or access the file from the physical media you receive

regds,

aman

Aman is right, apart from checking the server and other installation requirements the first thing you need to ensure is that you have ordered the product and got the correct install media, not the upgrade media from cisco.com.

Manish

Aman is right, apart from checking the server and other installation requirements the first thing you need to ensure is that you have ordered the product and got the correct install media, not the upgrade media from cisco.com.

Manish

Hi,

Thank you for the information provided.

I have got the Image from Cisco "JabberGuest-11.0.0.37.ova", I have downloaded "JabberGuest-11.0.0.37-Upgrade-Only.iso" from Cisco, however it seems to be only the upgrade ISO and not the new installation.

I did not find "JabberGuest-11.x.x.x-New-Install.iso" on cisco.

Regards,

Navinder Singh

Just a thought :

Can u  try placing order though PUT and check whether u get "New Install.iso"  under e-delivery ?

In parallel, u can speak to Cisco Account Manager.

regds,

aman

Thanks Sir,

This deployment is for POC setup, I will not be able to order through PUT.

However, I have contacted AM in Cisco. he will be providing me with new OVA file.

Regards,

Navinder Singh

Sushant Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Navinder,

I have done the jabber guest deployment in few places so it will show you centos window same what you shared in a screenshot . follow below table to assign the ip address on jabber guest server .

after adding ip address restart the server and try to access through GUI 

Configure eth0
#
# vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE="eth0"
NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
ONBOOT=yes
HWADDR=A4:BA:DB:37:F1:04
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=static
NAME="System eth0"
UUID=5fb06bd0-0bb0-7ffb-45f1-d6edd65f3e03
IPADDR=192.168.1.44
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
## Configure Default Gateway
#
# vi /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=centos6
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
## Restart Network Interface

Hi Sushant,

IT will seems to be helpful, but my problem is I am not able to login to CentOS. I am sure after that I will be able to give the IP address.

Regards,

Navinder Singh