Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest Error

I have recently setup Jabber Guest and it is working fine for most users however some users get "TURN Error" when trying to call in from their organization.  Does this mean that even the caller needs to have their firewall open UDP port 3478?

3 Replies 3

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Cameron,

How about your Expressway-E deployment? is it single nic or dual nic ?

If you are using dual nic, make sure when users try to access the jabber guest link from inside it resolves to Exp-E internal NIC ip-address.

Regards,

Alok

It is a dual nic deployment.  It does work for most as we have tested it with a number of outside users however people still get this error on some networks.  This is what leads me to the conclusion it is their network not ours blocking the stream.  I was just wondering if that port needs to be open on the guests network or if this error could come up for another reason.

yes, it utilizes the TURN for the JG.

If its not working then you can collect logs on expressway or wireshark on the client PC. In the wireshark you would initially see TURN allocation request and failure, but after few of those, you must see Bind success. It utilizes the port 3478 for TURN media.

Also look at this guide, i wrote it when i was in Cisco. It gives a good indication to troubleshoot JG issues.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-guest/118592-technote-jabber-00.html

Regards,

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: