Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA cannot connect with phone services

nikolay.korchev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have problem with MRA and i am trying to resolve from few days.

I just configured the cisco MRA and the problem is that cisco jabber cannot connect to phone service from Public network, but IM & Presence work fine.

From internal network those services (IM, Presence, and phone service) work just fine.

When i click on phone services the error says: cannot connect to unified communications  manager server. 

This is single deployment with Firewall and the expressway E is not in DMZ. I attached screenshots of the ports that are open on Firewall and  Expressway-C  Status=> Unified Communications.

This is the most Event logs on Expressway - C:

Event="Request Allowed" Detail="Access allowed" Reason="In allow list

This is from Expressway - E:

tvcs: Event="Decode Error" Service="SIP" Src-ip="public ip address" Src-port="39753" Dst-ip="EXPE ip address" Dst-port="5061" Protocol="TLS" Level="1

Please someone if can help,

Thank you in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please test with the CollabEdge Validator found here: https://cway.cisco.com/csa/ and report back with the results sans your domain name and any identifiable info?

Thanks~

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please test with the CollabEdge Validator found here: https://cway.cisco.com/csa/ and report back with the results sans your domain name and any identifiable info?

Thanks~

Hi Joshua,

This is the result:

Mobile and Remote Access SIP Registration failed due to conflicting port configuration

Details:
There is a SIP trunk configured on Unified CM to VCS/Expressway-C that is listening on port 5060 or 5061 and Unified CM does not allow registrations on a SIP Trunk.
Action plan:
Change the listening port of the SIP Trunk Security Profile that is applied to the SIP trunk on Unified CM towards VCS/Expressway-C and the destination port on VCS/Expressway-C neighbor zone to Unified CM to a different port such as 5065. This is explained further in the MRA Deployment Guide.

Thank you very much. The phone is registered and is able to make internal calls. 

But i don`t know why the corporate directory (contacts) is not listed on the jabber. Any ideas ?

Kind Regards,

Are you using UDS for contact resolution?

Yes, with service profile.