Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA cannot connect with phone services

nikolay.korchev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have problem with MRA and i am trying to resolve from few days.

I just configured the cisco MRA and the problem is that cisco jabber cannot connect to phone service from Public network, but IM & Presence work fine.

From internal network those services (IM, Presence, and phone service) work just fine.

When i click on phone services the error says: cannot connect to unified communications  manager server. 

This is single deployment with Firewall and the expressway E is not in DMZ. I attached screenshots of the ports that are open on Firewall and  Expressway-C  Status=> Unified Communications.

This is the most Event logs on Expressway - C:

Event="Request Allowed" Detail="Access allowed" Reason="In allow list

This is from Expressway - E:

tvcs: Event="Decode Error" Service="SIP" Src-ip="public ip address" Src-port="39753" Dst-ip="EXPE ip address" Dst-port="5061" Protocol="TLS" Level="1

Please someone if can help,

Thank you in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please test with the CollabEdge Validator found here: https://cway.cisco.com/csa/ and report back with the results sans your domain name and any identifiable info?

Thanks~

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please test with the CollabEdge Validator found here: https://cway.cisco.com/csa/ and report back with the results sans your domain name and any identifiable info?

Thanks~

Hi Joshua,

This is the result:

Mobile and Remote Access SIP Registration failed due to conflicting port configuration

Details:
There is a SIP trunk configured on Unified CM to VCS/Expressway-C that is listening on port 5060 or 5061 and Unified CM does not allow registrations on a SIP Trunk.
Action plan:
Change the listening port of the SIP Trunk Security Profile that is applied to the SIP trunk on Unified CM towards VCS/Expressway-C and the destination port on VCS/Expressway-C neighbor zone to Unified CM to a different port such as 5065. This is explained further in the MRA Deployment Guide.

Thank you very much. The phone is registered and is able to make internal calls. 

But i don`t know why the corporate directory (contacts) is not listed on the jabber. Any ideas ?

Kind Regards,

Are you using UDS for contact resolution?

Yes, with service profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: