Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA Not Working

aniket0422
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

We are facing an issue with Jabber MRA.

Customer is having Public Domain as abc.com. collab-edge SRV records and A record for EXP-E Public IP is configured correctly on Public DNS. Required ports are open.

When we try login over internet we are getting password prompt but login is not successful.

CUCM and IMP are in corp.abc.com internal Domain.

cisco-uds and cuplogin records on Internal DNS should be in abc.com domain or corp.abc.com domain.

Is there any additional configuration is needed in this case.

6 Replies 6

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Is your traversal zone between Expressway C and E set to Unified Communications traversal?

If you navigate to the peer IP addresses section on C and E, does it show the zone is active?

What's the failure message when you try to login?

If you do a ctrl, shift + D and try the login on Jabber, what's the error message, if any?

Have you validated your MRA deployment using the Collaboration Solutions Analyzer (https://cway.cisco.com/csa/)

If no access to the CSA, can you use nslookup and srv checking to validate your A and SRV records?

Have you checked the logs on Expressway C and E to find out if your login attempts are getting that far?

MRA Zone Status 

2.JPG

Error Message on CSA Tool1.JPGAlso, I want to know whether below entries are correct.

Public Domain : abc.com

Domain configured on expressway C and E : abc.com

CUCM and IMP Domain : corp.abc.com

Jabber Client ID  : 12345@abc.com

Are below SRV records correct on Internal DNS Server ?

CUCM FQDN : CUCM.corp.abc.com

IMP FQDN : IMP.corp.abc.com

SRV Records on Internal DNS

_cisco-uds._tcp.abc.com --> CUCM.corp.abc.com [ CUCM FQDN ]

_cuplogin._tcp.abc.com --> IMP.corp.abc.com [ IMP FQDN ]

Hi,

I am not sure where you've run that test on the CSA because when I run it, my output looks different. Did you use the SRV checker? The two internal SRV records in my case would have a status of "Not Resolvable", not a "no records found" message.

Does logging into Jabber work inside your organization?

At this stage, we would need to see the logs from Expressway C and E to progress this as there are various issues that can relate to MRA not working.

The link Jaime supplied will certainly help you out, if you haven't reviewed it already.

To answer your query about the entries, yes they look correct to me.

Regards,

Scott

What is the  expressway  version you are using  i am having 12.5 and getting lot of issue   half of the time restart fix my issue :( 

While login to the desk top client when you get the error ctrl+Shift+D if you press it will show were it is failing 

sudaggar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the users sync with LDAP.

If yes, then for test create a test user local in cucm and associate the device and UC service profile with end user and check if you are able to login successfully.

If it still failing, please share jabber PRT logs.

Thanks