Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber needs a CUCM reachable from DNS?

RFC_2549
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have setted up a Jabber for a company but the Jabber isn't working.

Example:

the jabber user is "test"

the CUCM IP address is "10.10.10.10"

I configure the Jabber with the CUCM IP address, and then I try the login with test@10.10.10.10 but i receive an error like "server unreachable" (In italian is a little bit different but the sense is that).

Now: the CUCM is non reachable from DNS so when i use an nslookup 10.10.10.10 from a client in the LAN i receive an "not exintent domain error" and on the CUCM i read "DNS unreachable". It might be the problem? I'm not using "test@domain.local" for the login but only the IP address, i need the DNS to make the login in every case? From the host in the LAN i can ping the CUCM. 

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Please read the deployment guide for Jabber. It will help you understand what is needed for Jabber to connect. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_8/cjab_b_deploy-jabber-on-premises-128/cjab_b_deploy-jabber-on-premises-128_chapter_01.html

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: