Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber plays fast busy when dialing without a 9

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

A customer asked me to block calling in Jabber without dialing a 9 to make it similar to their physical phones.
I have deleted the Application Dial rules and it is working but the customer wants the exact same experience as dialing from the physical phone, which is :
When they dial without a 9 on the physical phone they get a message that "call can not be completed as dialed, please consult your directory and call again" but from Jabber, they get fast busy.
He is asking me to make it the same error as they get on physical phones, instead of getting a busy tone on Jabber because that will confuse users.
Both are taking the exact call flow but Jabber is not playing the message.

Is it something that can be done?

CUCM 11.5

Thank you 

4 Replies 4

if you use same route pattern  for Jabber and desk phone, you should get that message which a desk phone user gets. 

You can use Dialed Number Analysis for find out what's the call flow for both phone and jabber and do fine tuning your configuration. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

DNA shows the exact same route.

When I dial without 9 it says "Unallocated Number", "Block This Pattern"  - for both, Jabber and physical phone.

Dialing with a 9 takes the same route in both cases.

I have also verified, both have the same MRGL assigned.

Are you confident about that NithinElu? I do not recall hearing Jabber play an annunciator error before. Admittedly, I could be the one who is mistaken here - just asking as my recollection differs.

PS- Technically it’s impossible to make Jabber behave exactly like a physical Cisco IP Phone. It lacks dial tone and therefore always sends numbers to CUCM en bloc. Physical phones, at least those without a SIP Dial Rule, send each dialed digit individually (the first in the INVITE and subsequent digits using KPML). This can result in obscure, typically unanticipated, pattern match differences since there is no T.302 timer and Urgent Priority cannot factor in.

I am sure about that. As I get the annunciator message  on my Jabber.

Video link attached below.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0tP9o_LHvayf7PiDcMY33IF4A#Muscat

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: