Views
Helpful
Replies

kit R-CSR10.0-K9-NFR has no .ova file ?

nicolasbilly1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have just purchased the kit R-CSR10.0-K9-NFR and I wanted to upgrade an old CUCM and CUPS server in version 8.5 with the new tool Prime Collaboration Deployment.

I read that we need to deploy an .ova file on ESX before launching the migration tool.

Unfortunately, I don't find any .ova in the NFR distribution kit.

Does it mean I can't use Prime Collaboration Deployment to migrate?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you're just after the virtual machine templates (which as you say, aren't in the NFR bundle) you can get them on Software Center: Call Manager  IMP Server Unity Connection.

Regards,

Andy

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dokurian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

normally provided when you purchase UCM license for upgrades/new installs. shipped or emailed

see James' link here: How is PCD shipped to partner/customer ?

HTH

Doys K.

Hello Doys,

Thanks a lot for your answer, but the link provided appears like not working because of timeout I receive.

I would like to indicate that we get the .ova file to build the PCD tool.

What are missing are the two following files:

- cucm_10_5.ova

- cucm_im_10_5.ova

Regards

With most of our Collab apps like CUCM, from Software Download on cisco.com, you pull an OVA file containing a blank VM, deploy that to your ESXi, than either from a DVD or eDelivery email download link, pull an app ISO installer file and run that in the VM to install the app.   If you are doing a BE6000, you can bypass this by leveraging Cisco Config To Order Portal or preconfigured image VMs.

With Prime Collaboration Deployment, we tried to bypass all that as well.   In media kit for UCM 10.x you will get either a DVD or an eDelivery email download link (depending on if your UCM is physical delivery electronic delivery).  On DVD there is an ISO which you launch to get an OVA containing VM containing already-installed PCD app.   In eDelivery there is a download link to the same OVA containing VM containing already-installed PCD app.

Asked engineering to improve content in the PCD Admin Guide for all this, it's not there yet but see Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment Administration Guide, Release 10.5(2) - Install Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployme…

The biggest issue here is most folks have been programmed to seek an OVA with blank VM, and an ISO installer.  With PCD we aren't doing that and that seems to be what throws folks off.  In addition to PCD being distributed with UCM vs. as a separate application.

If you're just after the virtual machine templates (which as you say, aren't in the NFR bundle) you can get them on Software Center: Call Manager  IMP Server Unity Connection.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot,

It was just what I was looking for in order to migrate CUCM and CUPS.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: