Views
Helpful
Replies

layout cms

ios_s
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, everyone :

in Cisco Meeting Server (CMS), I need to use the flowing pane placements (you can see them in the attached files). And I hope to find any way to costume layout (pane placement) like in MCU (default, rolling, loudest speaker, .....) 

we switch between A and B manually (see the screenshots of the MCU interface, in the attached files). 

All participants see the same windows, and the participant can see himself. 

1) 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

│                                             │   A: active speaker                      │

│                                             │   if the fixed participant is muted  │   

│        fixed participant             │                                                    │

│                                             │ B: rolling                                     │

│                                             │  if fixed participant is speaking     │

│       rolling    │         rolling    │           rolling       │        rolling      │

│       rolling    │        rolling      │           rolling      │        rolling      │

│       rolling    │        rolling      │           rolling      │        rolling      │

2) or 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

│                                             │  A: active speaker                          │ rolling   │

│                                             │   if the fixed participant is muted    │▬▬▬▬▬▬ │  

│        fixed participant             │                                                     │ rolling   │

│                                             │ B:  rolling                                      │ ▬▬▬▬▬▬│

│                                             │| if fixed participant is speaking      │ rolling   │

│       rolling    │         rolling │           rolling      │        rolling      │       rolling   │

│       rolling    │        rolling  │           rolling      │        rolling      │       rolling   │

│       rolling    │        rolling  │           rolling      │        rolling      │       rolling   │

please help me to add these layout 

thank you very much  

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Have you checked to CMS documentation, if it's possible to add custom pane layouts?

Just because it was possible in MCU, doesn't necessarily mean, it is possible in CMS.

And in my opinion, that's the least you could have done on your own, before asking this question.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Quick_Reference_Guides_for_Admins/Cisco-Meeting-Server-Admin-QRGs-screen-layouts_3-4.pdf

Starting at page 44.

Note: Customizable layouts is a licensed feature. You need to purchase the necessary license
to use this feature — it's an option under A-CMS (Cisco Meeting Server subscriptions) and is a
subscription that can be used alongside existing perpetual or subscription licenses.

We allow configuration of custom layouts with or without the license key, however without the
key
Meeting Server will behave as though no custom layout is configured.

I think you didn't understand my question 

first :

Note: I used the license of layout, and I added the JSON files 

But we  cannot customize the pane placement  like in MCU 

By MCU you can make rolling in some panes 

By MCU you can fixe placement of a participant in a pane 

By MCU you can force all participants to see the same pane placement. 

By  MCU the participant can see himself 

By MCU you can send a message to one participant 

however, the CMS is very important (I like it), it can provide the best quality and it can mixe the web users and the endpoints, it can provide 96 HD ports, and the CMM is a very great solution, it more important than TMS (I don't like TMS) especially the filter in CMM of speaking, connected ....., but the control of layout meeting is very easy and more effective by MCU. 

second :

Before I wrote the question I ask experts for help but I don't have the answer (good answer) , yes I found the stupid answer like "you don't need to these features of rolling or to fixe user "! 

I'm the customer, our enterprise needs these features 

we have used its, since 2010, and we have competitors !!! 
thank you very much  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: