Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Directory CUCM 10.5

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have CUCM 8.5 integrated with LDAP in a W2003 Server.

I am triying to add a new LDAP Directory with same IP, but different OU and different user. The user has been created with all permits, and the IP of the server is reachable, there is another LDAP directory running fine.

I receive the "error while connection to ldap:\\ IP ADD:389, null , attatched file

Does anybody knows what could be the issue??

thanks

7 Replies 7

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The LDAP Manager Distinguished Name which you are using there.Can you chck it on AD and right click on the properties and ensure that it is "Member Of" all those groups which the working one is.. What happens if you try to use the working LDAP Manager Distinguished Name and password and just change the LDAP user search base.

What is the need of another LDAP Manager Distinguished Name, why not just to use a diffrerent LDAP user search base.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak

The only way to get access is adding a new ip as backup at the bottom, with the same user than OU Spain.

With this workaround I has been able to get the new user from OU Portugal.

The solutions you said me I tried it and check and was fine, anyway thanks for your help.

All of this has been because an user want to use Lync for calls, and is unable to log-in in Cisco UC Integration, just only in Lync for chat.

I checked the user (once appeared in end user after the workaround before) and is added to CSF Device but it doesn't run, even with all permissions added

Is neccesary a physically device to make Lync runs?

If not, any idea why could be failing_

Ivan,

Check the below link which talks in detail about Lync Integration with CUCM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080ba7d10.shtml

Regards

Deepak

Thanks for your link, I will have a look where could be the problem.

regards.

One question Deepak

After review your link all about the CUCM part, just a few lines, the only I see is the user that I have the problem hasn´t a Device , an IPPhone associated with the CSF, just a CSF.

Could be this the problem? is neccesary a physical Phone associated with the CSF and the End user?

thanks!

As I have seen I think is not neccesary the physical phone so the issue has to been related with the AD, if the permissions has been already checked, any idea why the user can not call within the lync with the UC Integration?

thanks

Check the CUCM Configuruation section of the document which clearly states:

In order to accomplish this task you need to create Client Service Framework (CSF) Device in CUCM, which gets registered when the Call Control is connected to Lync 2010 and operates in Softphone mode. The Directory Number DN of this CSF device needs to be shared with the Actual Device of the user.

1) Configure CSF Device with the same Directory Number (DN) as Physical SEP Device.

2) Associate End user to the Shared Line DN from the CSF and SEP Device DN Configuration page.

3) Associate CSF Device and SEP Device to the end user Controlled Device list.

4) Configure Primary Extension on the End User page.

5) Assign End Users to User Groups.

6) When CUCILYNC is in SoftPhone Mode, you notice that the CSF Device is registered.

7) When CUCILYNC is in Deskphone Mode, CSF device is unregistered.

So basically, you will need to associate the physical phone as well along with the CSF under the Contolled Devices section at the end user page.

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: