cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License Compliance CUCM

sampath9614
Level 1
Level 1

as per my understanding, when a license violation occurs we can't provision end points (register the devices).

In a case where i have 9 devices configured, but 5 licenses installed, i see the license violation error.

can i able to register upto 5 devices in the license violation or none of the phones will register to the CUCM?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Licenses in the non-compliant state for Unified Communications Manager are enforced after a 60-day grace period. At the conclusion of the grace period, Unified Communications Manager enforces non-compliance with the following service degradation:

• Devices and Users cannot be provisioned. Changing the configuration of a user that affects licensing (For example: the Enable IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes) is not allowed.
  • Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility) is allowed.

As long as a device is configured in CUCM, it will consume a license, no matter if the devices doesn't exist, they're not active, or they're powered off.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can register devices when the license violation occurs . You would get a grace period of 60 days to install the additional licenses . After the expiry of 60 days, you won't be able to add more endpoints.

regds,

aman

Hi thanks for your quick response.

The deployment was done 2 years ago. Now additional end points are added to the CUCM. I have total 5 licenses in PLM, 9 end points configured in CUCM. After the grace period the licensed end points (First 5) will register to CUCM or none of the end points will register?

All the end points will be powered off at the end of the day.

Hi,

I think after the expiry of grace period, all 9 endpoints would keep on working but I have never come across such situation.

But u won't be able to add /delete endpoints or make any changes after 60 days.

You would get a message "system has exceeded its time limit to resolve non-compliance issue. No more provisioning operations are resolved until license compliance issues are resolved"

Even u power off the endpoints, licenses will be consumed once added in CUCM.

regds,

aman

Licenses in the non-compliant state for Unified Communications Manager are enforced after a 60-day grace period. At the conclusion of the grace period, Unified Communications Manager enforces non-compliance with the following service degradation:

• Devices and Users cannot be provisioned. Changing the configuration of a user that affects licensing (For example: the Enable IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes) is not allowed.
  • Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility) is allowed.

As long as a device is configured in CUCM, it will consume a license, no matter if the devices doesn't exist, they're not active, or they're powered off.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HI,

I just ran into this (got my 60-day trial period ended without removing additional devices), so now i cannot delete them.

Can somebody confirm me if the "24-hours (or is it by the end of the day??) after-reboot-you-can-delete-devices" method is working for CUCM 11.0 version? Any special considerations here?

Thanks a lot!

Goran

Hi Goran,

Usually reboot extends the license compliance for one day which can be used to delete unwanted devices and do a sync in PLM and CUCM to bring the system back to compliance.

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Hi Ranjan,

Is that reboot of CUCM that extends the license compliance for one day ??? Please clarify.

kfbaluyut17
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. What if my CUCM is non compliant for 50 days, then I fixed it by deleting the unused devices. So now it will be compliant. Then after a few days it became uncompliant again. Will I have another 60 days grace period or will it just continue the previous remaining grace period?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: