Views
Helpful
Replies

License Fulfillment Problem In Cisco Prime License Manager

Mingjia Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

Recently, I meet an anxious license fulfillment problem in cisco prime license manager.

Some images are shown below.

111.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

The number of TP-ROOM licenses is 61 at 2018-Feb-03. But this number degrades to 51 at 2018-Jul-07 after I upload a new bin license file and finish installation.

Could anyone tell me what happen it is? Why the number of TP-ROOM licenses would degrade? 

Is the new bin license file problematic?

Besides, could I delete the new installed bin file to back to the previous state? What should I do now?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Zhang,

can u compare the output of both bin files uploaded on Feb. 3 and July 7 using license file diagnose  and find if any change related to say expiry or count is there?

or please share the output/snapshot  of both bin files.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you can run the command license file diagnose from CUCM PUB and check the count in last bin file uploaded.

You need to enter the sequence number of last file uploaded. I have attached snapshot and  Press enter "36" to see details like count

From the snapshots ,I can see the count of other users same then, the file which u uploaded had license for which users .

regds,

aman

I missed other attachment. Please find attached .

regds,

aman

Thank you. I will have a try for it.

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your guidance.

Follow your step, I have found the bin file which I uploaded lately.

But the command is just a diagnoses function. Even though I am informed of the details about the bin file, I still could not change anything to recover the degraded number of the licenses.

How should I do now?

Regards.

Hi Zhang,

can u compare the output of both bin files uploaded on Feb. 3 and July 7 using license file diagnose  and find if any change related to say expiry or count is there?

or please share the output/snapshot  of both bin files.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your help.

I have opened a TAC case to deal with this problem.

Thanks again.