I’m planning to migrate a cucm 8.5 to ver. 9.1.2.
I’d like to understand better the following:
1. How can I migrate my licenses from the old CUCM to the new one? I think after upgrade ELM will start and I'll follow the procedure here
2. Will licensing need the output from the license count utility in order to issue new licenses?
3. How can I do to manually select the number of ENH+, Essential or ENH licenses I need upon successful activation of the ELM?
4. I had some horrible experiences in the past with licensing and I want to do it good this time! I'm planning to upgrade to 9.1.2 and I ran the tool cisco License count utility ver 9.1(2). How can I do to be sure that all my old licenses will be available on the new ELM? I mean also the unused DLU.
Yes, You can migrate CUCM 8 to 9.1 Licenses.
1) Top Level Part Code (R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9) , go for 9x3 Upgrade method which is now a days (Get Current /Stay Currnet).
2) Please download LCU Utitlity and refer the LCU document .
3) Output of LCU will resolve this query.
thanks for your reply.
Once I have the LCU output? What should I do with that?
I tried in the past to send it to licensing but they weren't able to understand what it was...
=== CISCO UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE USAGE REPORT ===
NOTE: Do not modify this file if you intend to submit it with a request for a pre-upgrade license summary or with a license migration request. For these cases you must submit the original zip file generated by the License Count Utility.
== REPORT INFO ==
Report Date ,2014-gen-08 10:27:59,
Report Source ,License Count Utility,
Product , Unified CM,
Report ID , 73277278,
License Count Utility Version ,Version 9.1(2),
== USER-PROVIDED INFORMATION == ,
Cisco.com User ID , ,
Company Name , ,
Public Space Phones , 0,
Upgrade Type ,Will Use Contract,
UCSS or ESW Contract Numbers , 123456
Sales Order Numbers , ,
Additional Info , ,
== CLUSTER DETAILS ==
SERVER INFO , Server-1, Total,
Hostname/IP Addr. , 10.1.1.20,
Description , ,
Current Version , 8.5.1,
Version (Pre-upgrade) , ,
MAC Addr. (Pre-upgrade) , a255faf16738,
Migration Status , N/A,
Installed DLUs , 11554, 11554,
Used DLUs , 2529, 2529,
Unused DLUs , 9025, 9025,
UNLICENSED USERS: ,
Unlicensed Users With EM , 11, 11,
Unlicensed Users Without EM , 282, 282,
Total: , 293, 293,
ESSENTIAL LICENSES REQUIRED BY: ,
Users With EM , 0, 0,
Users Without EM , 5, 5,
Devices Not Assigned To Users , 69, 69,
Total: UCM_Essential , 74, 74,
BASIC LICENSES REQUIRED BY: ,
Users With EM , 0, 0,
Users Without EM , 1, 1,
Devices Not Assigned To Users , 0, 0,
Total: UCM_Basic , 1, 1,
ENHANCED LICENSES REQUIRED BY: ,
Users With EM , 13, 13,
Users Without EM , 111, 111,
Devices Not Assigned To Users , 264, 264,
Total: UCM_Enhanced , 388, 388,
ENHANCED PLUS LICENSES REQUIRED BY: ,
Users With EM , 8, 8,
Users Without EM , 34, 34,
Total: UCM_EnhancedPlus , 42, 42,
CUWL STANDARD LICENSES REQUIRED BY: ,
Users With EM , 9, 9,
Users Without EM , 12, 12,
Total: UCM_CUWLStandard , 21, 21,
TELEPRESENCE ROOM LIC. REQUIRED BY: ,
TP Units for Users With EM , 0, 0,
TP Units for Users Without EM , 0, 0,
TP Units Not Assigned To Users , 0, 0,
Total: UCM_TelePresenceRoom , 0, 0,
Make sure you have installed all procured/unused licenses on the existing CM 8.x before migration. After that upgrade the CM to 9.x.
Once upgraded your ELM can provide you the information on the eaxt qty. of UCL you are entitled to from Licensing@cisco.com. Also keep handy the UCT outpout while you work with licensing during the 60 days grace period after upgrade.
You will get what you are entitled to and I dont think you need to order here at all as long as you have a valid UCSS & ESW contact.
1. Please look at the below link for details this might help.
2. Please read the Pre-upgrade tasks section in the below link. It says you must install all your unused DLUs and PAKs on 8.x before migrating to 9.X, else those licenses will be lost.
3. Another good link for all 9.x license related queries