Views
Helpful
Replies

License problem - Upgrading CUCM 8.6 to 9.0

josepaulopetry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I did a CUCM upgrade from 8.6(2) to 9.0.

At 8.6 i had aprox. 1700 DLUs.

After the upgrade, when i logged in CUCM9 it shows a message that is running in DEMO Mode.

At ELM i added the CUCM instance and manually sync it, but when i try to "Upgrade Licenses" i receive this error from ELM:

"There are no Unified CM product instances with pre-9.0 licenses available for upgrade"

What should i do?

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you request the upgrade through PUT and uploaded CUCM 9 licenses?

Chris

Yes, i downloaded the upgrade ISO from PUT

I followed the steps in the above document, and as it says:

4. Upgrade the Unified Communications products (such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection).

ELM will be installed as part of the upgrade. The upgrade must be done before migrating the licenses because ELM must be installed to perform the license migration.

5. Add Unified Communications product instances to the ELM product inventory. This is a normal part of the setup for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.x licensing and is needed for license migration.

When a product instance is added, current licensing information (including unused DLUs in the case of Unified CM) is automatically sent to ELM. This information is used by the ELM Upgrade Licenses (migration) utility to determine the types of user licenses to be migrated.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/migratn.html#wp1067112

The bold part of text is not happening

josepaulopetry,

Hi. Were you able to find a solution for the problem above? Currently I'm having the same problem as you. ELM is reporting that there is no CUCM product instance with pre-9.x licenses available for upgrade.

Currently we are doing an upgrade from CUCM 4.3 to CUCM 9.x. We already upgraded 4.3 to an interim release and then to 8.x. After that we upgraded 8.x to 9.x and we added the CUCM instance on ELM but ELM is saying the message above when running the upgrade license wizard.

Thanks.

-Jose

yes, when i updated to 9.1 it worked.. so try a update to 9.1

Bad luck for me then... because I was already in 9.1. I went straight from 8.6 to 9.1.