Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing - CUCM - Assistance Required

TomBates
Level 1
Level 1

In need of assistance.

TL/DR - How do I find out How Many Licences I have, and How Many are being used?

I have logged onto our CUCM PUB server and am being told we have insufficient licenses. No users have joined the company in the last three weeks but this has just started happening. I've spoken to the MSP and they're being less than helpful.

I need a Layman's Terms explanation for how to find out the following;

A) How Many Licenses we have

B) How many are being used

C) Which the offending device is.

I've attempted to remove three other phones (As advised by the MSP) but this did not resolve the issue and we're still under-licensed.

Really Pulling my hair out, as we have 0 telephony engineers.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to look at that in either your PLM or smart licensing, and that will depend on your version (which you don't mention)

That will provide the answer of your first 2 questions, there is no answer for your 3rd question as this does not work that way.

Once you go above the number of licenses you have, you get the warning, but it won't tell you exactly which is the device causing the problem, that you'd need to find out by looking at your configuration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: