cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limitations on Call Pickup Group

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Are there any limits to the number of devices supported for a CPG?  Working w/ an 11.5 system that has been in production for a few years w/ a mix of 6921/41 phones.  The CPG in question has 18 devices in it but has stopped working as of a month ago.  From what I've been told, if I set the notification as audio/visual, the users hear the phone ringing but are unable to pickup using the pickup button.  If I set it to No Alerts, they get no notification but are able to pickup the call (they sit close enough that they can hear other phones ringing in the building).  I've tried pulling logs to see if there is anything in them that might explain but I haven't found anything.  The phones are all running code SIP69xx.9-4-1-3SR3.  

I've tried restarting the CUCM service but that didn't help.  Not sure what else to look at.  I tried TAC but as the phones are end of life they said any assistance is just best effort. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Was there any major changes happened in last one month ? version upgrade etc ?

see the behaviour changing to  audio alerts or  visual instead of using  audio and visual alert option.   

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Was there any major changes happened in last one month ? version upgrade etc ?

see the behaviour changing to  audio alerts or  visual instead of using  audio and visual alert option.   

Response Signature

Thanks for the reply.  Looking back there wasn't anything that really changed other than a firmware update to SR3 for the phones over that time period, but after going over some old change control docs I figured it out.  I had to split the group off from another group so I created a new group 2 months ago which used the default 10 sec delay instead of the 6 sec delay the original group had.  Looking at their CFNA timers it looks like the call was hitting the CPG right before it was set to bounce back to reception so the users in the group never had a chance to actually answer the call.  Changed the delay back to 6 sec, confirmed with everyone they get audio and visual alerts and are able to answer.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: