cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Location out of Resources Event

tcmckay
Level 1
Level 1

This is the error I get. The problem is that I only have one location and I have removed all bandwidth restrictions but I still get this event. This only started about 2 weeks ago. No users have reported poor voice quality or dropped calls. As well our bandwidth monitors show that the incoming and outgoing SIP trunks never go above 80% usage. I have used the RTMT to see if I can catch the issue in progress. So far RTMT has not reported anything concerning.

Description:

This alert occurs when LocationOutOfResource event is generated. This indicates that one or all of audio or video or immersive bandwidth for a location or link is used up.

Recommended Action:

The location or link running out of resources can be identified via RTMT tool  Performance->Cisco Location LBM. Consider allocating additional bandwidth for location or link running out of resources.

Name : XXXX

ResourceType : 2

AppID : Cisco Location Bandwidth Manager ClusterID : ccm-pub.corp.local NodeID : ccm-sub  TimeStamp : Wed Nov 06 08:32:17 MST 2019.

The alarm is generated on Wed Nov 06 08:32:17 MST 2019.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did validate the replication in the cluster. I am not sure why the error started but since we are a single location setup I decided to turn off the Location Bandwidth Manager service. I have had it off for 5 days now. No new error's have come up nor has the system shown any other issues.

I did use the RTMT to view the LBM stats and couldn't see any that were going over our resource allocation. It is possible that since the service was on that it was looking for a partner, since none existed it reported the error.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

tcmckay,

Can you upload a screen shot of your location configuration page with Advanced Showing on the page?

Here is the screen shot. You can see the everything is unlimited. Since I only have 1 site is there any negative effect of shutting off the service? It is possible that a previous engineer was trying to setup a different site and this is just left over. For my part I want to clean up the logs and this is the last error for me to chase down.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you update all of the video bandwidth settings we well or just voice?

I changed all of them to unlimited and they still report out of resources. The part that is perplexing is that I only have 1 site. I do have 2 UCS for redundancy but they are in the same rack servicing the same location.

CUCM SDL trace logs would be the best option here to review and find clues as to why CUCM is generating the error, it will show exactly which link and what it thinks the bandwidth there is.

Did you make sure DB replication is correct on your cluster?

I did validate the replication in the cluster. I am not sure why the error started but since we are a single location setup I decided to turn off the Location Bandwidth Manager service. I have had it off for 5 days now. No new error's have come up nor has the system shown any other issues.

I did use the RTMT to view the LBM stats and couldn't see any that were going over our resource allocation. It is possible that since the service was on that it was looking for a partner, since none existed it reported the error.

what would be the best way to open and read this file once it has been generated?

If you mean the SDL trace file it’s a regular text file, so any decent text editor will do. Personally I favour Notepad++, but any text editor that has some more advanced text highlighting features would do.

Response Signature

My apologies I was refering to the location of the SDL trace file i can download it, thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: