cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LogPartitionLowWaterMarkExceeded - CM 10.5

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting the LogPartitionLowWaterMarkExceeded  alert from RTMT every 5 minutes.  So I looked into my trace settings and found it was set as:

Trace On - Checked

Debug Trace Level - Detailed

And more than half of the options checked.  

So I turned off the traces because I found something that referenced traces in another post, but I am still getting these alerts.  My questions are:

1. Should these traces be enabled?  I don't think they should since I am not in the process of troubleshooting.
  2. How do I remove the logs that have been created?  Since, as I said, I am not in the process of troubleshooting, I don't need these logs.
  3. If I don't remove these logs, would they et backed up by DRS?  If so I really need to clear them.  I am working with pretty limited space for my backup servers and fairly low bandwidth.
4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Traces are usually enabled, but not to detailed level, you should only set them to that level for troubleshooting.

You need to use RTMT to delete the traces.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

How do I delete them from RTMT?

What level should the traces be set to?

How to delete, see here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/10_0_1/rtmt/CUCM_BK_CA30A928_00_cisco-unified-rtmt-administration-100/CUCM_BK_CA30A928_00_cisco-unified-rtmt-administration-100_chapter_01000.html

Not sure on which version they changed this, but it appears the default level is now detailed??

It might have been when they grouped SDI and SDL in the same file.

It used to be something like debug or error in the past, you can just change it as you wish, or uncheck option, then just hit Set Default when you need to troubleshoot something.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacob,

To answer you question

1.) If you disable traces the only issue is if any issue occurs you will not be able to track what happened as the traces would be off.

2.) You can use RTMT to delete traces, select the log in RTMT that you want to delete, select the duration that you want to delete make sure you check the box "delete the collected log file from server"

3.) Traces are not backed by DRS.

You can also do the below procedure

The detailed  steps are listed below:

1.  Open RTMT tool using the IP address of the publisher. Inside RTMT click on 'Alert Central'.

1.  Then select 'LogPartitionLowWaterMarkexceeded'.

1.  Right click and select 'Set Alert/Properties' >> click on next.

1.  Note the current value of logpartitionlowwatermarkexceeded  on a notepad.  The current value is 90%.  As listed below:

1. We need to move it to  50%( as shown in the image below).

1. Then click next and save the settings.

1.  Repeat the previous steps for LogPartitionHighWaterMarkexceeded'.

1. Note the current value. Currently it may be set at 95%.

1. Then move the value to 60%.(as shown in the image below). Then click next and save the settings.

1.  Then Restart the "Cisco Log Partition Monitoring Tool" service under CCM Serviceability web page ->  Tools -- > Network Services.

1. Then wait for 2 hours.

1.  Then set the above values of both back to the original(lowwatermark to 85 or 90, highwatermark to 95%).

1. Note: This time, you will need to set the value of highwatermark first.

1. This should clear the unnecessary logging files.

HTH

JB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: