Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

make a conference call

I have a user with a Cisco IP phone trying to make a conference call (this used to work). He establishes a call to the first party, presses more and Confrn. Then he dials and calls out to the second party, the call is established. When he then presses Confrn everyone is disconnected. We are running CUCM 8.6. Any ideas,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

MRGL is assigned directly to the phone

the type of conference is CUCM based

how i know the codecs defined between the conference bridge's region and the 2 phones' regions?

View solution in original post

And that device pool is assigned to all three phones and also to the conference bridge and also to any trunk/gateway that gets you to one of the phones?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does the phone have proper MRGL/MRG/Conference assigned to its device pool or MRGL assigned directly to the phone?

What type of conference is this, CUCM based, DSP based?

What codecs is defined between the conference bridge's region and the 2 phones' regions?

MRGL is assigned directly to the phone

the type of conference is CUCM based

how i know the codecs defined between the conference bridge's region and the 2 phones' regions?

CUCM based conference bridge supports only G711 calls, perhaps your setup uses G729 for one of the legs.  You need to review the Device Pool assigned to the conference bridge to identify which region is used and what is the coded defined between that region and the phones' regions. Also, does the conference bridge show registered? 

the device pool uses g711

the conference bridge is registered 

Chris is asking you to check the Region setting in the Device Pools for each participant in the conference call (3xPhones and the CFB) to determine what codecs are going to be assigned for each leg of the call.

To see what codec is used for a particular call, establish the call and then use the phone's menu to get to the call statistics. This will show the codec, along with other RTP information. Different phones have different menus, so you need to play around with the menu to find the information.

HTH

Maren

the device pool uses g711 code

And that device pool is assigned to all three phones and also to the conference bridge and also to any trunk/gateway that gets you to one of the phones?

thanks its work now the device poll wasn't assigned to the conference bridge
when i assigned it work good
thanks a lot
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: