Helpful
Replies

Management suit compatibility for CUCM 9.1.1a

vsanghi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two questions about UC management softwares

1. Are the management software version 9.0( UOM,UPM,USM,USSM) compatible with CUCM version 9.1(1)? or do I need to go for Prime Collaboration 9.0.

2. What is the future of UOM,USM,USSM & UPM as these are end of sale and life?

Regards,

Vineet

1 Reply 1

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vineet,

1. Are the management software version 9.0( UOM,UPM,USM,USSM)  compatible with CUCM version 9.1(1)? or do I need to go for Prime  Collaboration 9.0.

The UCMS 9.0 and Prime Collaboration 9.0 products will support the latest version of the CM 9.1(1)a code. The initial release of CM 9.1(1) had a problem in the AXL backwards compatibility functionality that was fixed in the latest CM code.

2. What is the future of UOM,USM,USSM & UPM as these are end of sale and life?

We have provided some patches but essentially these have been replaced as follows:

The Cisco Prime UCMS suite is being replaced with a product called Cisco Prime Collaboration.

UPM continues on as Prime Collaboration Provisioning (the provisioning half of the Prime Collaboration product). The code was moved back to Linux (64-bit RH Linux) and some additional features added. Many performance improvements were added to raise the scale to 150K endpoints. It is a direct migration from UPM 9.0 to PC Provisioning 9.0. The functionality in UPM 9.0 moves forward. After an upgrade, Domain/Service Area/admin role setups remain intact. Support for batches, templates and the NB-API remain the same.

Collaboration Manager (the video management app), UOM and USM were merged into a new app called Prime Collaboration Assurance (the assurance part of the Prime Collaboration product). Collaboration Manager was a 64-bit Linux app and UOM and USM functionality were moved into this app to form a new assurance app for both video and voice applications.

An announcement for the SSM product migration will be out in a month or so.

Prime Collaboration is provided in OVA format with embedded OS.

Prime Collaboration can be found at cisco.com/go/primecollaboration