cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max size of MoH file

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

We upgrading a CUCM platform from MCS 7800 server version 7 to a new VMware based CUCM version 9.1.1.20000.

My client had a fixed MoH source connected by USB ports of MCS 7800, this external sound system has about 500 Gb of classical music, and this equipment uses analog port for sound broadcasting and it does NOT support Ip multicasting.

My client requires that the new CUCM MUST use this classical music as sound source for MoH.

As its external sound equipment does not support Ip multicast, I am suggesting to take about 80-100 Mb of its classical music  ( about 20 different songs) and upload to CUCM as MoH audio source, so I need to confirm:

a) What is the largest size supported by CUCM for MoH files?

b) Can we upload multiples files (about  100 Mb of files) to be used as ONE  MoH audio source? or ...

c) Does CUCM support only ONE file per MoH audio source.??

d) What format does CUCM support for this kind of audio source file?

I hope any of you can help with provided information.

Best Regards
Enrique Villasana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

a) theorical limit, is how much HDD space you have left, never heard of someone uploading a 500 MB MOH file

b) no, then you will have as many audio sources as MOH files you upload

c) correct

d) this has been asked plenty, plenty of times before, a search on CSC could have provided this answer

Music On Hold audio sources

When the administrator imports an audio source file, the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration interface processes the file and converts the file to the proper format(s) for use by the music on hold server.

• The recommended format for audio source files includes the following specifications:
  • 16-bit PCM wav file
  • Stereo or mono
  • Sample rates of 48 kHz, 32 kHz, 16 kHz, or 8 kHz

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0101010.html

I'd suggest using a router and multicast MOH using your external audio source if they want to keep all their music.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

a) theorical limit, is how much HDD space you have left, never heard of someone uploading a 500 MB MOH file

b) no, then you will have as many audio sources as MOH files you upload

c) correct

d) this has been asked plenty, plenty of times before, a search on CSC could have provided this answer

Music On Hold audio sources

When the administrator imports an audio source file, the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration interface processes the file and converts the file to the proper format(s) for use by the music on hold server.

• The recommended format for audio source files includes the following specifications:
  • 16-bit PCM wav file
  • Stereo or mono
  • Sample rates of 48 kHz, 32 kHz, 16 kHz, or 8 kHz

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0101010.html

I'd suggest using a router and multicast MOH using your external audio source if they want to keep all their music.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks agsain jaime !