cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum Logins per user for extension mobility

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Has Cisco done any testing on the maximum number of logins allowed per user? I have looked at the SRND/guides out there and the only references are to the maximum number of requests and not the maximum number of logins allowed per user of course assuming it is turned on in the service parameter pages such as the one below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_1/cucm-rel_note-611b.html#wp266535

250 Maximum Login our logout operations per minute is all they say but not the max per user

Thanks

7 Replies 7

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am afraid that there is no such parameter, currently there is no way to avoid an EM user to login more than X number of times.

If you would like to open a product enhancement request for this please contact your account manager as they can open PER cases.

Christian Nuche.

PDI HD Team.

Yes I am aware of that what I was looking is has Cisco published numbers on what they have seen in terms of 10 or 15 logins per user in terms of CPU, Memory etc? Is there a high water mark? I am not trying to add something to the software to keep that at a certain level

I'm not sure what is the goal in here, an EM user cannot login/logout 10-15 times per second, and that is the only way I see this could impact CPU or the server performance, there is not a high water mark on this, only for all EM users per minute as you mentioned before.

Christian Nuche.

PDI HD Team.

Hey thoughts on using a device profile used for a log out profile. How many users can actually use this log out profile at any given time ?

This is basically a request for a web page to the Tomcat web server, I don't think that the BU have tested this specific scenario, plus the Tomcat server is very stable, now this is basically the same as the maximum number of requests as this is referencing a request to the web server.

oh mi Godness, i have a problem with mi CUCM server Mr. Nuche. I have trouble connecting a call, and i suspect that the problem is associated with the voice port configuration. Can you help me? please!

Daniel,

This community does not provide technical support and is not staffed with technical support experts.  I recommend you post this and future technical support questions to the Cisco Support Community (https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa) where our Cisco technical support experts provide assistance. Another option is to open a ticket with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/go/support) to get expert debugging assistance.

We do encourage you to participate in the Cisco Collaboration Community and to also join our Cisco Collaboration User Group program!  In the community, we encourage your discussion/sharing around collaboration topics and Cisco Collaboration Solutions, including business and IT requirements, industry trends, process, culture/organization issues, how collaboration can be used to transform businesses, vendor selection, adoption, training, architecture, licensing, and product features/functionality. If you are a customer or partner, you can also join the user group program to be eligible for member-only events and influence product direction.

We hope to hear from you again.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community