cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

May I use a CUBE solution to control an mixed enviroment (IP PBXs and TDM PBXs) ?

edson.brazelino
Level 1
Level 1

I have an enviroment with one Call Manager (4.1), one CUCM (7.0) and 80 PBX´s TDM Siemens (SIP trunk available) geografically distributed in the country, and I need to implement an efective LCR (low cost router) in this enviroment. The CUBE solution was indicated to me for control all the PBXs ( IP and TDM) in order to keep the the LCR running with a easy management process. ( The call routing roles only in the CUBE and all PBX consulting the CUBE for make calls )

This is true?  the CUBE can control non CISCO PBXs? If yes, there is a limity? 

I realy appreciate any help.

1 Reply 1

dsladden
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Edson,

You have a couple of options here.

One you can have all of the devices use a single centralized SIP Trunk configured from a centralized CUBE.

In this case you would take advantage of basic routing functionality to say which calls should go out which trunks.

As a more advanced option, you should look into session Management, in this environment you would have all of your TDM and IP PBX use the Session Manager as the "default route" and it would use Routing rules to find the best eggress method.

As a first step I would watch the TECHWISE TV broadcast that specifically talks about this that is airing for the first time tomorrow (May 6th ) at 9:30am PST.

Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns339/ns638/ns914/html_TWTV/twtv_episode_66.html

Regards,

Darryl Sladden

Senior Product Manager

Cisco Unified Border Element