cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Media Sense RBAC

Martin Skovsoe
Level 1
Level 1

Does Media Sense 11.0 support Role Based Access Control?

If not are this on any road map?

/Martin

6 Replies 6

matthubach
Level 1
Level 1

Martin, we just installed v11. In our Cisco demo, they claimed v11 had role based access control, but didn't mention that it only works with 3rd party products. I am only posting so others can find this because the info was hard to dig up.

MS 11.5 has introduced the role based access. Refer below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/115/Release_Notes/CUMS_BK_M3A89C32_00_ms-release-notes-115.html

Regards

Deepak

Deepak, I just saw that and already started the download. The release notes aren't clear if it works with Contact Center Express though. Do you know?

Absolutely, role based access has been introduced for UCCX only. Refer the Release Notes of UCCX 11.5 below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_5/release/guide/RCCT_BK_U98D7FB5_00_uccx-solution-release-notes-115/RCCT_BK_U98D7FB5_00_uccx-solution-release-notes-115_chapter_0101.html

Regards

Deepak

Deepak, would you know why, after my upgrade from MediaSense11 to 11.5, my "Manage Recordings" gadget is failing. When I click the tab in Finesse, I keep getting a message to accept a certificate. Just FYI, this was all working prior to the upgrade. I do notice, and I am fairly sure this was not there prior to the upgrade, that the upgrade generated 2 new certificates in MediaSense. There is a new tomcat-ECDSA and tomcat-trust certificate, both using the common name of myservername-EC.mydomain.com. I don't have DNS entries for these and have not signed them.

Setup MediaSense Access

Welcome! To begin using MediaSense within Finesse, please set up access by clicking the button below and adding a security exception for the certificate issued by the MediaSense server.

Did you get this figured out? was getting the same on MS 11.5. Same certificate warning but clicking accept just brings you back to that button again. I've uploaded the MS tomcat-trust certs to UCCX as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: