Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place 7.1 integration into two domain

Hi guys,

I have a customer scenario where customer A and customer B recently merged into one company.

Customer A has:

- CUCM 7.1 integrated into their own AD

- MeetingPlace 7.1. It is mainly used as an audio teleconference bridge with Outlook front-end calendaring integration although the system consists of Web Conferencing, Application Server and MP 3545 audio chassis.

Customer B has:

- CUCM 8.6 integrated into their own AD

From the networking point of view, both customers are connected on IP layer.

From identity management point of view, they still maintain separate AD infrastructure and not in the position to be ready to consolidate their AD infrastructure into one anytime soon.

From CUCM point of view, it'll be straight forward to create inter-cluster trunks between Customer A CUCM and Customer B CUCM.

Now Customer B has the need to use the MeetingPlace 7.1 facility that Customer A has and require the same process of MeetingPlace booking via Outlook calendar plugin.

If I configure local users in MeetingPlace Application server for Customer B, my questions are:

1. Can Customer B use Meeting Place Outlook plugin even though their CUCM 8.6 is not integrated to Customer A Meeting Place?

2. Alternatively, can I configure Meeting Place 7.1 to both integrated to Customer A CUCM 7.1 and Customer B CUCM 8.6 (via SIP and AXL)?

Any pointers/helps are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

As you mentioned you need to create Local users on Application Server for Company B users and then they can install outlook plugin and while logging first time to outlook (meeting place plugin)  will use the local user's credentails to login.

You can only configured one AXL at one time in MP so second option is not good for you.

Do the first only and make sure to build inter-cluster-tunk between both companies CUCM so company B can reach MP to join meetings (dial-in, dialout).

Please let me know if you need any more help.

HTH

Arun

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

As you mentioned you need to create Local users on Application Server for Company B users and then they can install outlook plugin and while logging first time to outlook (meeting place plugin)  will use the local user's credentails to login.

You can only configured one AXL at one time in MP so second option is not good for you.

Do the first only and make sure to build inter-cluster-tunk between both companies CUCM so company B can reach MP to join meetings (dial-in, dialout).

Please let me know if you need any more help.

HTH

Arun