Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place Express

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

Folks

I'm going to start my first MPX installation. I have the following question though, we want the server on the inside, however we want external users to have access to MPX.

during the installation we need to create hostnames, the FQDNs from the internal network are different than the one we want to provide the customers, should NAT will work on this ?

could you point me on the right path

thanks

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express can be deployed for external users using Segmented Meeting Access (SMA). This will allow external users to access the internal web collaboration feature of MPE.

Please refer to:

*** Configuring Basic Operation Parameters for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express ***

--> How to Configure Segmented Meeting Access (SMA)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_0/english/administration/guide/cm20oper.html#wp1072278

You can check the SRND too:

*** Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express ***

--> DMZ Deployment Option

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/mtplacex.html#wp1043907

The use of NAT with MPE is not supported.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi Teresa,

I have a question about SMA, if I have only 1 server, and choose to place 1 interface in internal network and the other (web) in DMZ, will that work? Can I then have internal/external web meetings.

Of course assuming security is not an issue!

Thank you a lot

No you cannot. The interfaces are not configurable in that manner (one is used for Breeze, the other for UI and audio/video bridging).

You must have an SMA server to do this with MPE. Also note that you should name the servers as you want users to see them, not what your normal naming convention may be.

Example:

meet.domain.local

meet-rtmp.domain.local

meet.domain.com

meet-rtmp.domain.com