cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place v7: failover of media server

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to Meeting Place.  We have an old v7.0.3.4 environment, consisting of an HA deployment (two apps, two web, and two media servers).

It appears one of our media servers is down (according to our IP monitoring application).  Where are the media servers defined within the meeting place administration? I want to see if the application detected the failure and is using the secondary media server.   I'm trying to dig through the documentation (on docwiki), but not finding it yet. 

Thanks

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

Please follow below details:

- Login to your one of your MP application server via GUI

- Once logged on on right hand, top corner of page you will see:

Help|                                               Media Server Administration|                     Log Out|About

- Click on Media Server Administration and you will be re-directed to new window and asked to enter username / pass for this

- Once in , Click on Resource Management --> MCU and you will see both of your Media Servers (MCU)

For failure go back to your MP app server GUI:

- Click on Services --> Alarms and see if makes some sense over there

HTH

Arun

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

Please follow below details:

- Login to your one of your MP application server via GUI

- Once logged on on right hand, top corner of page you will see:

Help|                                               Media Server Administration|                     Log Out|About

- Click on Media Server Administration and you will be re-directed to new window and asked to enter username / pass for this

- Once in , Click on Resource Management --> MCU and you will see both of your Media Servers (MCU)

For failure go back to your MP app server GUI:

- Click on Services --> Alarms and see if makes some sense over there

HTH

Arun

That was it, thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: