cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetingplace 8.5 - Hardcoding PINs in phoneview ??

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5

I am working on a Meetingplace 8.5 system and setup the Phoneview IP Phone service.    The only way I can get this to work is if I hardcode the PIN code into the Phone service when I subscribe it to a phone.

I really hope there is a way to work around this.  This is both a maintenance nightmare and also a security concern as nightly cleaning staff can easily schedule a meeting since the PIN code is hardcoding.

I've tried to modify the URL but can't seem to figure out if there is anyway I can have the phone service prompt the user for the PIN code on the phone LCD when they select the Meetingplace service.

5 Replies 5

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

When you created the IP phone service, didn't you select "Parameter is Required" under "Service Parameter Information".

If not please do it.

Service Parameter Information :

Parameter is Required:

If the user must enter data for this parameter before the subscription can be saved, check the Parameter is Required check box.

Parameter is a Password (mask contents):

You can mask entries in Cisco Unified CM User Options, so asterisks  display rather than the actual user entry. You may want to do this for  parameters such as passwords that you do not want others to be able to  view. To mask parameter entry, check the Parameter is a Password (mask  contents) check box in the Configure IP phone service Parameter window  in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

I understand that I can do that..  the problem isnt that an administrator can see the password when they login to CCMADMIN, the problem is that there is no reason to have a password if it is hard coded into the phone service.  Anyone who walks up to the phone can schedule a meeting since the password is hardcoded into the service.

There really should be a way for the phone service to prompt the user to enter a pin on the phone LCD after the user selects the phone service.

Hi,

No. If you login into CUCM admin as an administrator, you will see the below snap at the end user page. It is in encrypted state. You can always click on the edit credentials tab in th PIN page and make it "

User Must Change at Next Login" so that it remains secreat.

If you enable "Parameter is Required" in the "Service Parameter Information" than yes it will ask the end users to enter the PIN before accessing these phone services.

Hope it helps.

Anand

I didnt realize that the PIN was masked on the CCMADMIN page.

But that really isn't my concern....   I am concerned that the pin is stored at all.    I want the end user to push the services button and be prompted on the phone LCD to enter the PIN.

otherwise, anyone can walk up to the IP phone, press the service button and start a meetingplace meeting.   Why have a PIN if it is hardcoded ?

Hi,

With Contact Center Products integrated with CUCM, there are Agents who only use the phone called IPPA (IP Phone Agents) for whom there is a feature called IPPA service, these agents click on the services button on the phone get prompted to enter the User ID \ PIN or password \ Extension everytime they want to acess the phone. In this way its secured in contact center world. Am not sure about this with Meeting place.

Hope it helps.

Anand