cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetingplace 8 integrated with WebEx (Type I integration) - Mobility & Outlook questions

jshowell3rd
Level 4
Level 4

With MP 7 and CUMA, users could see their scheduled meetings and click to join. On iPhones, a WebEx could also be launched. With CUMA going away, has the capability to see a list of Meetingplace meetings gone away?

Also, looking through the MP 8.x documentation I can't find any discussion of how to integrate scheduling with MS Outlook. Is this still supported with MP v8?

Are we better off just going with Meetingplace Type II integration (Webex scheduling) and then using the WebEx mobile client and Productivity tools?

If you recommend going with a Type II integration, are there any caveats (e.g. audio/web/video recordings will not be stored on prem via the WebEx nodes)?

2 Replies 2

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Outlook scheduling is still a valid option with MP 8. Type II integration is preferred since it doesn't need multiple on premise web servers. Also unless customers come from a MP scenario where they are used to the MP scheduling method, going down the WebEx PT is the preferred path. However currenlty if you go down the WebEx path, clients such as CUPC do not support escalation to MP. This is on the roadmap for CUPC 8.5 with Type II. With Type I you can escalate to MP with CUPC7/ 8 today. With CUCIMOC today you have the separate WebEx plugin for MOC that can escalate to WebEx

Yes the recordings will be stored in the cloud with Type II.

More details are here

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.0_--_Choosing_a_Web_Deployment_for_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.0#About_Web_Deployments

Thanks

Srini

Where does one download this plugin from.  (separate WebEx plugin for MOC that can escalate to WebEx).   I have only seen this for outlook not MOC.

Also if I have a type 2 integration MP & Webex, can one escalate to webex via CUCI Connect with SSO?

Thank you.