cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace 8 web user portal

Pamela White
Level 1
Level 1

We just installed MP8 on a new MCS (we have MPX and are upgrading).  Everything looks good, users are all imported from CM, can start conference calls and schedule using MeetingPlace Conference Manager software.  We haven't received the msft_int license file for Outlook integration yet so we are at a standstill at the moment.

My issue is trying to get to the user web portal for scheduling meetings.  We are NOT doing a WebEx install, this is audio conferencing only.  When I go to the server name, i.e. MeetingPlace or the IP address, it goes to the MeetingPlace Administration Center.  I'm trying to get to the User webpage like there is with MeetingPlace Express for scheduling meetings.  We can currently use either Outlook or MPX webpage to schedule and everything I have read indicates that MP8 is the same.

When I go to the server MeetingPlace it goes to http://meetingplace.xxxx.xxxx.com/admin/login.do (of course, that is not the full name of it).  When I go to the MPX user webpage it is http://meetingexpress.xxxx.xxxx.com/public/login/login.jsf  When I log on there as a user it changes to .........com/user/attendMeetings... etc.

I have tried entering the public and the user portion of the MP8 web address but that doesn't work either.  What am I missing here?  I have literally been searching for weeks and everything says, "log onto the user web portal...."  but absolutely nothing about how or what that is.

18 Replies 18

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Pamela,

For MP8 you need additional servers for these web user portal.

I believe it's typically recommended to have 1 for internal, and if you wish - 1 for external (in your DMZ for example)

I believe this is your problem.

The additional servers are usually MCS boxes with a Cisco provided W2k3 OS and a web front end on them.

In the mean time you can schedule meetings with the Meeting Manager plugin (that you download from the Admin site) - Although not pretty.

Cheers,

Tim

Thank you for the reply but I'm not sure if that is exactly what I am referring to.  I have gone over and over the documentation and it continually sites the MeetingPlace Web User Portal.  I assumed that it was like the MeetingPlace Express webpage for users where they can schedule meetings that looks exactly like the Outlook plug-in.  If there is no webpage for the users then how do they list their scheduled meetings, past and future, or access recordings of the meetings like they would now in MPX?

In this document... https://at.meetingplace.net/refcenter/start/mp_faq.asp#Howschedule

• Browse to your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Homepage
  • Click Find Meeting, if prompted, enter your User ID & Password
  • Select the appropriate radio button (Past, Today's (default), Future)
  • Put the Meeting ID in the field provided and click Search
  • Locate your meeting, and then click on the Meeting ID hyperlink. The meeting details will be displayed
  • Click Delete Meeting (top right hand corner) to cancel the meeting.

Sorry maybe that wasn't 100% clear.

The web user portal for scheduling is not hosted on your MP app server (i.e. where the admin pages are)

The user web pages need to be hosted on external web servers. These are seperate servers you install and integrate to the app server.

So with Meeting Place scheduling option it is not really a 1 box solution on par with MPE, because you need additional server or servers to provide the web scheduling user interface.

If you use a Webex service then you can have a single box solution.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim,

Thank you for your help.  It has been very unclear in the documentation about what is being referred to as the web user portal.  One thing I ran into yesterday was that we got the msft_int license file loaded so all of the Outlook config items are showing up in MP8.  The new problem is generating the Outlook Plug-in.  It worked, I assume, but I don't know where to actually GET the plug-in.  I looked at documentation again and all it says is to go to the web user page and click on Download Outlook Plugin.  I've been searching the MP8 server but haven't found the setup.exe file yet.

Since we don't have a web server, how else can we get the file or do you know where it is?

We are looking into setting one up on VM.

Thanks,

Pam

Have you tried http://www.cisco.com/go/software  I think it should be in the software downloads section.  Cheers,  Tim.

Just a couple of other thoughts...  You said you were upgrading originally? What hardware was MPE on? Can you re-use this for a web server?  Did you purchase the upgrade outright? Do you have any CUWL PRO licensing? (CUWL PRO can entitle you to Webex subscription - then you could use Webex scheduling and productivity tools)  Cheers,  Tim.

We're up and running, going live next week and migrating from MPX.  We installed the web server on a spare 7825.  LDAP integration for user login is working and everything looks good.

I've done several customizations like the company logo, removed the videos for WebEx and Notes, etc. Put the dial-in numbers on the Home page, etc.

The one thing I haven't been able to find is in the Outlook Plugin, when clicking on the MeetingPlace tab to schedule a meeting, at the top it says, "Make this a voice and web meeting."  We are not doing WebEx integration and don't want to add any confusion to the mix.

When I have that screen up and do a right-click... View Source, I can see where that text is in the html but, after searching for days, I cannot find the actual file it is using to edit it.

It's great to found this page,

I got the same problem, and it's really confuse about the user web portal.

And now I know I need two box for this meetingplace 8.

But where can I find the requirment (hardware/software) of the web portal?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Jacky Ma

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply,

I already setup my meetingplace and webserver,

also config the meetingplace gateway to add the meetingplace server.

But the web server only display the error as below:

"This MeetingPlace server is unable to establish a connection to the other MeetingPlace servers required for operation."

Do you have any idea about this?

Thanks

There are some of the evenlog from the gateway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu Sep 15 10:51:41 2011  MPAgent    (0x05F8) Error: Detected a CTP Add-In is do

wn.  Resetting it.

Thu Sep 15 10:51:47 2011  MPAgent    (0x05E0) Information: Pipe 10112, thread 5e

0 - User is informed that MPAgent is not connected to CTP: err 22550

Thu Sep 15 10:51:57 2011  MPAgent    (0x0670) Information: Pipe 10104, thread 67

Thu Sep 15 10:52:07 2011  MPAgent    (0x0680) Information: Pipe 10112, thread 68

Thu Sep 15 10:52:11 2011  MPAgent    (0x05F8) Information: Attempting to reload

the Add-In "MeetingPlace WebEx Gateway"...

Thu Sep 15 10:52:11 2011  MPAgent    (0x05F8) Information: Loaded ConferenceTech

nologyProvider interface for "MeetingPlace WebEx Gateway"

Thu Sep 15 10:52:11 2011  MPAgent    (0x05F8) Information: Reload of "MeetingPla

ce WebEx Gateway" add-In completed

Thu Sep 15 10:52:11 2011  MPWebEx    (0x0498) Warning: ConfTechProvider::MPWebEx

::InitializeEx - Configuration is not valid: site id: , site name: , partner id:

, admin username: admin, admin password exists: false

Thu Sep 15 10:52:11 2011  MPAgent    (0x05F8) Information: ConfTechProvider Init

ialize failed (0x8000000a).  err=12288

Thu Sep 15 10:52:11 2011  MPAgent    (0x05F8) Warning: Unable to load Conference

Technology Provider "MeetingPlace WebEx Gateway"

Thu Sep 15 10:52:11 2011  MPAgent    (0x05F8) Error: Detected a CTP Add-In is do

wn.  Resetting it.

Thu Sep 15 10:52:17 2011  MPAgent    (0x04E8) Information: Pipe 10104, thread 4e

8 - User is informed that MPAgent is not connected to CTP: err 22550

I'm having the same problem and I don't know where to get the web login portal from. We actually just upgraded from 8.0 to 8.5 and for the life of me no one at cisco knows what the hell I am talking about when I ask for the meetingplace user web portal. Where did you get or download from? Do you have a part number or how did you get it?

Hi not sure you have the right integration here Jacky...

Looks like your MP is trying to connect to Webex.

This thread was about MP with MP web scheduling, not Webex integration.

Probably best to start a new conversation regarding this.

But I'd check your strategy / design first.

Is it a MeetingPlace with MeetingPlace scheduling

Is it a MeetingPlace with Webex schdeuling / integration

Cheers,

Tim

Hi

I have the same problem that jacky has, i have installed an 8.5.2 version of application and webserver with Deployment type as MeetingPlace/WebEx with MeetingPlace Scheduling. We have not installed web-ex, as we donnot have media to install. Any idea why we are getting the error when "This MeetingPlace server is unable to establish a  connection to the other MeetingPlace servers required for operation" when trying to acces the webserver webpage?

Thanks

Outlook plugin here http://application-server/outlook/public/setup.msi  Regarding your error It looks like the server is looking for webex integration and not audio only deployment as i understood from your post. Check your deployment.  Where did you get the windows product key by the way for your web server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: