Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace 8.x and WebEx Integration

Mark H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Hoping I can get some thoughts, feedback, pointers from people regarding our plans to migrate from a very simple MeetingPlace set up to a larger, more complex MeetingPlace with WebEx set up.

Firstly a bit of background; we have just migrated from MeetingPlace Express to MeetingPlace 8 that has web based scheduling. At the moment, we use MeetingPlace purely for audio conferencing (See attached CurrentMeetingPlace.jpg for a rough diagram). There are several business drivers for us to head towards getting WebEx integration going and will soon have extra MCS devices we can utilise. I'm taking that opportunity to add some redundancy to the design (See attached PlannedMeetingPlace.jpg) as well. We intend to use directory integration so users do not need a separate password.

There are a couple of questions I have in my head at the moment though, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction:

• I intend to set up a test cluster as a proof-of-concept, however if I have WebEx provision a site for this test. Can we simply point that site to the production nodes when it's built or do WebEx need to provision the site again?
  • Currently the majority of our users do not book their own conferences, but rather ring our switchboard operators who schedule a meeting on their behalf. Is that still possible under the proposed set up?
  • By having WebEx scheduled meetings, is it still possible to use the java based MeetingPlace Conference Manager?
  • According to the migration matrix, there is no migration path going from MeetingPlace Scheduling to WebEx Scheduling. I want to confirm that means all existing scheduled meetings are lost and would need to be recreated manually in WebEx? I.e. Unable to mass import meetings.
  • Am I missing anything or can you spot any potential issues?

Please note, while I have MeetingPlace 8.0 in the planned diagram, it could very well be completed with 8.5 instead.

Thanks,

Mark

1 Reply 1

victdang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mark,

Just to respond to some of your questions:

1. I intend to set up a test cluster as a proof-of-concept, however if I  have WebEx provision a site for this test. Can we simply point that site  to the production nodes when it's built or do WebEx need to provision  the site again?

>> if you change the server hostnames, IP addresses, then you will need to inform WebEx to change the configuration on their end, especially if you want to integrate with LDAP where WebEx will definitely need to make changes to the server URL on their SSO configuration page.

2. Currently the majority of our users do not book their own conferences,  but rather ring our switchboard operators who schedule a meeting on  their behalf. Is that still possible under the proposed set up?

>> You can maintain this practice, it doesnt really matter who schedule the meetings.  Please note that there are 2 types of scheduling when you integrate with WebEx.  There is the Type 1, where you schedule from MeetingPlace, and Type 2, where you schedule from WebEx.

3. By having WebEx scheduled meetings, is it still possible to use the java based MeetingPlace Conference Manager?

>> I'm not sure with this, I will check this and get back to you.  From my knowledge, the MP confgerence manager runs independant of the scheduling functions.

4. To change scheduling method, it is a configuration on the Application server, where you specify how scheduling will be done.  All previous scheduled meetings in MP will remain in MP only, it does not get imported to WebEx.

Regards,

Victor Dang.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: