Views
Helpful
Replies

Merge/Convert Local Unity Connection User to Imported CUCM User

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

Noticed today that a few users in our Unity Connection server were created locally on Unity instead of being imported from CUCM.

Is there anyway to merge/convert a locally created user in Unity Connection to a user imported from CUCM? Or do I have to delete the local user before I can import?

I only see the option to integrate with LDAP and not CUCM...

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

5 Replies 5

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Have you tried to use the Sync Users option in CUC? Not sure if it will throw an error but if that does not do it, likely will need to delete and recreate

My experience is that sync will only sync a user that has already been imported via AXL.  If it is just one mailbox and they are not a VIP I would call them have them clear there messages, delete and re-import. However say you had alot and didn't want to do all that I would try to update those users via BAT.

A CUC user that imported via AXL has the CCMID field filled out in a BAT. So after you add the CCMID field to a user they will show up as an cucm synced user.  

I would first run an BAT job on cucm to export user all details, you can select all users or just the one you want to do this with.

Also run a BAT job on CUC to export all users with mailboxes so you have the file to update.

Take the CUC BAT file over it as a CSV in excel. Remove all fields but ALIAS and CCIMD. 

Then update the file to have the CUCM Users PKID, and run a bat update on CUC.

Assuming your AXL import are working I would try what I have mentioned above and see how it works for you.

Hey Mike, thanks for the reply.

Yea, I actually tried that shortly after I posted this question. But, no luck. Error shows "failed to synchronize user: ....."

Kinda figured that deleting and then importing might be the only option here. Strange though that you can convert a user to LDAP if that user exists already. But, you can't do the same from CUCM, when Unity and CUCM are sort of tied together. But, oh well...

-Matt

I don't think it is your only option, did you try my way?

Also I agree it is a missing feature probably a good one to submit as a feature request.

https://ciscocollaboration.ideas.aha.io/portal_session/new

Hey Gregory, thanks for the reply. Sorry, didn't get the notification for you reply until just recently.

There's maybe just a handful of users that this issue applies to. I assume their local users were created before I started with the company...

If I had more users to tend with I'd proabbly give that option a try. But, since this not "VIP" users... I might just ask them if they mind if I delete and re-create (*import).

But, thanks again for the steps, very much appreciated!

-Matt
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: