Announcements
Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
maratimer_2
Beginner

Message Aging UC 7.1.5 clarification question

I only have access to UC 8.15 systems for testing so was looking for clarification on the following statement:

Some of the message aging rules are based on when a  message was last modified. To modify the status of a message, a user  must do one of the following:

• From the phone interface,  choose the option to mark the message as new, resave the message, delete  the message, or restore a deleted message as saved.
  • Simply listening to the message, without choosing one of these options, does not change the status of the message.

If a user wanted to get around the message aging policy, they could just not do anything after listening to the message - YES or NO.

As well, if the user saves the message as NEW, does this reset the aging policy to start over at Day 1 on this message (example I recieved a message last week, and know that message aging is set to 14 days to deleted items folder.  If I change the status of the message to NEW today, then it gets reset to 14 days in the inbox before being deleted?  If not, is there anyway to ensure this message doesnt get deleted?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad

Spotlight Awards 2021