cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification Timing Issue

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup Message notification to a cellphone. When a message is left, it does call the cell phone but will only ring it once and disconnect. Is that normal or can you change it to ring it more than once?

10 Replies 10

rock981119
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What Unity Version in use?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

On the Notification Device page I would try increasing

the "Rings to wait" number

Phone Settings
seconds
minutes
* minutes

Cheers!

Rob

Rob, I am running version 8.6.1 and do not see all of these settings. Are they not available in this verision

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

When I open up the config for Mobile Phone (for example) these options are

available, but this is in CUC 7.1(3B)su2. If they aren't there in 8.6 I might look at

the Related Links Field;

Step 12 Optionally, to configure additional settings for the device for an individual user, use the Related Links field to navigate to Edit Notification Device Details. The Connection Messaging Assistant opens in another browser window, allowing you to change the notification schedule or limit the notification to messages sent by specific callers or phone numbers. The user can also change these settings by signing in to the Connection Messaging Assistant.

Note The Related Links field appears in the upper right corner of the Administration window. Select the applicable link name, and then select Go.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac040.html#wp1278811

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

'

I am not even seeing the Related Links Field in 8.6, why would that be?

Hi James

This is from an 8.6(1) system. Definitely has those settings available:

Could you send a screen shot of what you can see within the Notification Device?

Barry

Aha. Unity Express not Unity Connection. The instructions provided so far will not be valid.

I will need to try and find a test system that I can connect to. I am sure you can configure this, but it's been a while since I've configured CUE.

EDIT: This seems to be a global setting. The attached is from a CUE 7.0 system, but should apply to 8.x as well .

From the main CUE admin gui, go to Voicemail -> Message Notification -> Notification Administration.

You should see something similar to the attached. Please note this system is not set up for any notifications at all, but hopefully this will assist in knowing where to look.

Barry

I updated that and it did not make any difference. Still only calls and rings once.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nice one Barry +5

I guess it helps if we are all talking about the same system...my BAD!!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: