cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Reply

mamoss
Level 3
Level 3

In Unity 4.0(4) there seems to e a setting in Subscriber CoS that allows a Subscriber to reply to messages from other subscribers. Is there a way for a subscriber to press an option after listening to a message that returns a call to an external ANI?

thanks.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, not currently - it only allows return call to a subscriber.

There's talk about using the ANI for callback but there's a few hitches (we've been down this road with older products before). If we limit it to North America (i.e. confine ourselves to NADP rules for dial strings) then this is reasonably doable - just have to setup proper restriction handling and allow admins to define local exchanges and such.

Outside NADP, however, this turns into a nightmare. Figuring out proper prefixes to dial to reach a particular number in, say, Japan is daunting at best.

One way to handle this is to create some sort of parsing rule script that lets savvy administrators deal with number formatting - this is tricky but doable. Just a lot of support headaches. The other way to go is to let the switch handle deciding how to dial the number - many switches deal with this reasonably well and we can just toss the full ANI at it and let it deal with it.

So, short story is it's not there now but it's been talked about. I don't know of any concrete plans to open this up in a short term release - the best I can suggest is to ask your account team to weigh in on it so the product folks know it's worth spending engineering, QA and support cycles on it.