cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages not being delivered to Subscribers Unity 4.0(5)

ewilkinson
Level 1
Level 1

I have carried out a DR of a Unity Server and I can log into mailboxes and play old messages that are there but when I leave new messages, they seem to go from Unity(i.e they are not in the MTA Fail folder) but they are not delivered to the subscriber mailbox.

Unity is definatley seeing exchange correctly as there are no errors in the Event Viewer.

I am not really too sure how to troubleshoot this in Exchange. any ideas?

8 Replies 8

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Do you have a Unity failover server? Is excange off box. Need to know more about your configuration.

GUSI?

I ran through this but its not really for my problem.

I can play existing messages so it is definatley talking to the exchange server. Messages are not in the MTA failed directory on Unity and we have tried using an outlook client to log onto the Unity_servername mailbox but we don't see the messages come or go from there. It is like they are leaving Unity but not arriving at Exchange

Is outlook installed on the Unity server?

if it is that might be the issue.

I remember the mapi client in outlook is a different version than exchange and can mess things up.

Outlook is not supposed to be installed on the Unity sever if I am correct.

Someone out there correct me if I am wrong.

rlp

Thanks but Outlook isn't installed on the unity server we ran the client from a different machine.

I know this is obvious but I would try.......

1. rebooting the exchange server first, then unity

2. rerun the newest version of PW for Unity 4.0.5

3. Possibly rerun message store config wizard. (consult TAC) might want a switch from them. (sync is what I am thinking)

also since it is exchange 2003 off box, is it sp2?

should be........and if it is it the tools on the Unity server should be at sp2 also.

TAC has told me that they have seen issues with message delivery and sp2 and had to recreate the unity_servername account and mailbox. (consult TAC for directions before doing this, there is an easy way).

ewilkinson
Level 1
Level 1

There is no failover server. We are using Exchange 2003 on another server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: