Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Gateway not updating T1 config

Moaazahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a 2821 MGCP Gateway with 2 T1's.. I am trying to make a change on the T1's by specifying the "Calling party IE number type" and "Calling Numbering Plan" because currently we are sending out unknown and it is showing up as restricted on some carriers cell phones.. 

My problem is after I made the change to National and ISDN for the 2 settings in T1 settings on the CUCM.. The gateway is still showing the old config, see below;

interface Serial0/0/0:23
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-ni
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn map address . plan unknown type unknown
isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager
no cdp enable
end

I need to make this plan unknown and type unknown to national and isdn via MGCP. 

I made the change and then proceeded to hit reset on the CUCM.. verified new config was sent via "Show ccm-manager" as the "download attempted" and "download successful" increased.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

if you are using ccm-manager config server command and the download was successful then you might need to bounce the mgcp stack once (at times its needed).

no mgcp

mgcp

Please rate and mark if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not sure this command is going to be updated by MGCP. Try removing the command and see if the CUCM settings are honored on outbound calls.

Brandon

Moaazahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the responses, just to update if someone has this issue in the future. I went ahead and made the changes on the MGCP T1's and reset them. The change actually worked even though the gateway config is showing as unknown in the isdn map address command (weird). Ended up moving it to NATIONAL and ISDN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: