cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft Great Plains and CUPC 8

6rmisior
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder if anyone run into this problem when installing Presence 8 client on a computer with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 (Great Plains) on it renders GP unusable.   This happens on Windows 7 64bit and on 32bit versions.

Uninstalling CUPC fixes GP

Thanks for any help!

4 Replies 4

jasonharmer
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this wilh CUPC 7, but I dont remember the other application that was causing issues.

The symptons we seen were, if CUPC was started first, it would work fine, the other application would not.  If the application was started first it would work but CUPC would not.

It turned out they were both trying to use the same port, again dont remember what the port it was trying to use locally..

hope that helps

cheers

Jason

6rmisior
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just wanted to provide a solution to this issue. It turns out that the GP 2010 has integration with Office Communicator to provide presence information inside of GP.

This integration is done with the help of   Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.RTC.dll file right now removing this file or renaming it allows GP and CUPC to run on the same PC.

Hope this helps!

Robert

Thank you for posting the fix for this!

I encountered the issue this morning as well.

epillow39
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue just this week with MS Dynamics Great Plains 11.0 and Cisco Jabber 10.5.  The error I received was "Microsoft Dynamics.GP.RTC.dll: QI for IEnumVARIANT failed on the unmanaged server".  Renaming the file as referenced works.