Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate 8.6.1 to a clean 10.5.1 - But still retain user and end-point data

Here's my question.

We have a 8.6.1 cluster that is in a slow process of migrating to a clean install 10.5.1 cluster.

We did not use PCD, but instead built the new 10.5 cluster manually.  We planned on doing a phased migration to 10.5.1, and have been pretty successful until now.  The 2 clusters are currently tied together via a SIP trunk, 8.6 cluster pretty much just has the end-point user devices, and 10.5 has all of our PSTN connections.  We have run into trouble trying to bring over the end user data.  The import/export under BAT works, but the formats are different between releases.

We need to "build" or import all of the end-point/user info into 10.5.  Is this something PCD could do for us even though both clusters are already up and established?  We streamlined our CSS and partions and device pools, so some of the data is different between the 2 clusters.  We had planned on doing large find and replace in the exported text file, but there's more to it than that.

Is there anyone who could offer a bit of advice before I chase this rabbit down the hole?

Thank you,

Mat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, PCD needs blank OVAs to work with, it will install and migrate the info at that time.

What you found out, is totally expected, whenever you try to BAT import/export between different versions, you forcefully need to work that data into the new format and maybe fill in the blanks for new configuration options not present in the old cluster.

Export the same data from 10.5 to look at the format and fields, then it's a matter of looking what's not in your 8.6 file, and fill the blanks.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, PCD needs blank OVAs to work with, it will install and migrate the info at that time.

What you found out, is totally expected, whenever you try to BAT import/export between different versions, you forcefully need to work that data into the new format and maybe fill in the blanks for new configuration options not present in the old cluster.

Export the same data from 10.5 to look at the format and fields, then it's a matter of looking what's not in your 8.6 file, and fill the blanks.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jamie.

I figured as much.  I was hoping for a miracle, lol.

I did manage to "bulk" import a single line and it was a success.  It's just going to take a little bit longer to "massage" the data into the right format.

I appreciate the quick answer on PCD!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: