cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate from BE6K to new BE6M

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks! I am currently running a two node cluster for Call Manager, Unity, and IM&P. I will be purchasing new hardware in the near future. What's the best practice to go about migrating the existing VM's to the new hosts? My Cisco hosts are separate of my other hosts that tie back to vCenter. Currently running 11.5 and my plan is to go to run 12.5 on the new hosts. Any information or links you can share?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would say, use PCD. you can migrate from old box to new on version 12.5. But unity connection you can't  migrate.so you need to do the backup upgrade option. 

Upgrade  and migrate link attached below. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/12_5_1/cucm_b_upgrade-migration-guide-125x/cucm_b_upgrade-guide-1251su2_chapter_00.html

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

I would likely have moved the VMs from the old host to the new and spin them up on it. Then upgrade it to 12.5 on the new host.

Response Signature

I would say, use PCD. you can migrate from old box to new on version 12.5. But unity connection you can't  migrate.so you need to do the backup upgrade option. 

Upgrade  and migrate link attached below. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/12_5_1/cucm_b_upgrade-migration-guide-125x/cucm_b_upgrade-guide-1251su2_chapter_00.html

Response Signature

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you folks! I will review and report back. Also for PCD do I need to deploy on both old and new hosts?

Regards

PCD is a standalone system. You can deploy it on any of them, as long as it has network access to the systems, old and new.

Response Signature

You need just one PCD. New Be6M BOX comes with PCD. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: