Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate to New Cluster

Ekin Gumus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Planning to migrate production servers (CUCM, CUC, UCCX and CER) to new cluster with same versions. So what I am going to do is create new servers with same versions as in production and recovery from back to servers on new cluster. What steps I need to follow up?

Current versions are 9.x

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ekin,

when you mention "new cluster". do you mean as in new IP addresses?  

have you considered moving the current servers to a new ESX host?  

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dennis,

Customer wants to create new servers with same IP addresses, they dont wanna move production servers to new esx host. So what I need to is now, create new servers with same IP addresses, of course they wont be reachable at first to avoid IP conflict. then make the IP phones registered again without any problem. I already did once from MCS to UCS migration but not sure from UCS to UCS.

Not sure what problem you might have, a DRS restore is the same on any platform as long as you meet the requirements, just make sure you do this on a separate network to avoid duplicate IPs and hostname.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Ekin,

The process that you mentioned is correct. DRS backup from existing cluster, reinstall same version on new host followed by DRS restore and cluster reboot. Once the new cluster is up and running you can shut down the existing one and ensure the endpoints are able to reach the new cluster. You may check the CUCM 9.x Migration and upgrade guide for more info

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/elmuserguide/9_1_1/license_migration/CUCM_BK_CBF8B56A_00_cucm-license-upgrade-guide/CUCM_BK_CBF8B56A_00_cucm-license-upgrade-guide_chapter_010.html

Manish

OK, 

I am sure they have their reasons, in that case like manish suggests, approach it as a system recovery to your new servers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: